ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
What you get to do in this role:
· Serve as an expert for Snowflake development for building the Cloud Data Warehouse
· Design, develop and test data pipelines and data transformations for variety of data-sources
· Optimize the data pipelines for throughput and efficiency by having reconciliation controls and parallel processing in place
· Investigate data issues and conducting root cause analysis when reporting data is in question
· Collaborate with Lead Engineers and Architects to implement and maintain the standards and consistency for the data-pipelines and best practices
· Design and implement solutions around data warehouse implementation ranging from architecture, ETL/ELT processes, dimensional modeling
· Learn the technology capabilities as well as future enhancements as they become available, in order to continually improve our business intelligence offerings
· Lead and/or participate in various projects intended to continually improve/upgrade BI infrastructure, including evaluation of new software and hardware required, to meet organizational business needs or to make processes more efficient and cost-effective
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or similar. Master’s degree preferred
· 10+ years of documented experience as a software engineer working on various data technologies
· 2+ years of hands-on experience working on Snowflake, Snowpipe, SnowSQL, Replication, data-sharing, etc. development activities
· 6+ years of strong experience in database design & development & SQL on Oracle, SAP HANA, etc. technologies
· 4+ years of analytic data modeling experience, especially dimensional data modeling
· Minimum 1 year of work experience on Snowflake and Azure storage
· Previous experience with the end-to-end implementation of Snowflake cloud data warehouse or end to end data warehouse implementations on-premises
· Experience in ad-hoc data analysis, solution design, reporting & dashboard development
· Experience in real-time ETL/ELT, Big Data pipelines, Kafka, Matillion, DBT, etc. is a strong plus
· Expertise in data vault 2.0 modeling is a plus
· Scripting experience in PowerShell, Python will be a plus point
· Snowflake SnowPro certification is a plus point
· Excellent communication skills, ability to work individually and in a broader geographically disperse teamAdditional Information
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.