Sr. Data Analyst - Sales at Egnyte
Egnyte is one of the top startups in the bay area and we are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Data Analytics team. This role will manage the automation, reporting and analysis of sales data, market trends and assist with improvements in sales forecasting, velocity, deal size, and productivity.
The ideal candidate will be a creative and analytical problem solver who is comfortable in a fast-paced environment, a collaborative leader to work with a dynamic network of Business and Sales leaders, and an innovator to drive continuous improvement and automation in Sales reporting. This position is based in Mountain View, California.
Contractor position with 3-6 month duration. This is an ONSITE position with 2-3 days/week remote flexibility.
What You’ll Do (but is not limited to)
- Collect and analyze large data sets from internal systems, Salesforce, Tableau, BigQuery, and commission systems
- Deep diving to explain variances in strategic revenue planning, upsell/cross-sell opportunities, ROI analysis, and other SAAS metrics and work with applicable teams to provide overall coverage of Sales reporting
- Drive strategic business decision making through detailed analytics, insights and Real-Time reporting on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and results for the Sales team
- Work with users to define requirements for Tableau reports and support the implementation and customization of Tableau reports
- Help develop interactive dashboards, reports, and analysis templates using internal tools and Tableau
- Model data for ad hoc and pre-built reporting
- Participate in strategic and tactical planning discussions interface with executive management, gathering requirements and delivering complete reporting solutions
- Minimum Bachelors’ degree in any field. Post-graduation in management / systems preferable
- Prior experience mining CRM and commission data, discovering insights to drive key business initiatives
- Demonstrated data analysis experience and ability to understand the core business and key success drivers of our customers
- Excellent MS Excel skill with advanced knowledge of vlookup, pivots, etc.
- Very good BigQuery query skills, as well as the ability to Tableau dashboard creation
- Good writing, and presentation skills to summarize key insights for technical and non-technical audiences.
- 5-10 years of relevant experience with SAAS companies
- 5-10 years of relevant experience in a Sales reporting, business intelligence or comparable data engineering role, including data warehousing and business intelligence tools, techniques and technology
- Experience in forecasting, analysis, and comprehensive business reporting to provide accurate and insightful recommendations
- Must possess a client-service mindset and a desire to take on tough and challenging projects
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Proficiency in Salesforce, Tableau, and BigQuery is a must
- Competitive salaries & Stock Options
- Comprehensive benefits for you and your family (low premiums and deductibles!)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Employee Assistance Program, FSA, HAS, and Commuter/Parking benefits
- Fully paid premiums for life insurance (up to 2x your salary) / AD&D and the option to enroll in Voluntary Life Insurance
- Pet Plan-- Enroll in discounted Pet Insurance & Perkspot – Discount program available for entertainment, services, shopping & travel
- Global Travel – Medical benefits to cover any employees traveling out of the United States on a work-related trip
- Flexible hours and responsible time off
- Emotion & Physical Wellness – Free access to emotional and physical wellness apps including Spring Health, Headspace, Aaptiv, Ginger, and Physera
- Gym, cell phone, and commute reimbursement
- 401(k) Retirement Plan (Traditional and Roth)
- SoFi online financial services: Pay off debt sooner, invest in your future, or refinance your mortgage – all in one app
- FREE Egnyte lifetime membership
Equal Opportunity Employment
Egnyte is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
In a content critical age, Egnyte fuels business growth by enabling content-rich business processes, while also providing organizations with visibility and control over their content assets. Egnyte’s cloud-native content services platform leverages the industry’s leading content intelligence engine to deliver a simple, secure, and vendor-neutral foundation for managing enterprise content across business applications and storage repositories. More than 16,000 customers trust Egnyte to enhance employee productivity, automate data management, and reduce file-sharing cost and complexity. Investors include Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Caufield & Byers, and Goldman Sachs. For more information, visit www.egnyte.com