At Squarespace, Customer Operations empowers users via scalable self-help tools, personalised support and customer advocacy. Our team runs 24/7 with over 300 people based in New York, Dublin and Portland. As a Sr. Data Analyst, you'll run quantitative insights efforts in Customer Operations. This role will design and execute innovative analysis that build upon our foundational understanding of the Customer Operations ecosystem — and unlock actionable insights that move our business forward.
This position requires strong analytical, communication, and relationship skills as well as strong problem solving skills. Success in this role means you are able to work with stakeholders across geographies, businesses, and functions.
The role reports to the Sr. Manager of Data Analytics, Customer Operations.Responsibilities
- Develop the strategy and drive the analytical agenda for the Customer Education function.
- Partner across departments and teams, including other members of the Analytics team and Data Engineering, on defining and reporting key metrics performance and insights to drive success in setting and achieving goals
- Deeply understand and articulate the global customer experience and competitive landscape to influence decision making through data-driven approaches
- Contribute to designing and monitoring ETLs that consolidate data into consistent and reliable datasets for analysis
- Educate around BI tools and drive consistent usage
- 4+ years experience in business intelligence, analytics or related functions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Mastery of SQL and experience with BI reporting (e.g., Looker) and databases (dimensional and relational), including data ingestion. Some Python or R knowledge required.
- Comfortable working both independently with minimal guidance and closely in a team setting
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build solid relationships with individuals at all levels, in multiple geographies and business functions, both internally and externally
- Strong project and process management with proven ability for planning, scheduling & coordinating
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pretax commuter benefits
- Education reimbursement
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building and ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand and transact with their customers in an impactful and beautiful online presence. Our suite of products enables anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects and businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, and scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold and hospitality business management via Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to best-in-class design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries and territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California and Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.