The Senior Data Analyst will work independently to solve data problems and fix technical issues. This role will work with business subject matter experts to analyze, validate, and utilize data for consumption by business stakeholders and research and understand customer processes and business data needs. This role will also help determine the required data and transformation needs for project deliveries, scope, acceptance, installation and deployment.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Work with business subject matter experts to analyze, validate, and utilize data for consumption by business stakeholders
• Research and understand customer processes and business data needs
• Determine the required data and transformation needs for project deliveries, scope, acceptance, installation and deployment
• Map business requirements to necessary data architecture changes
• Must be able to understand ETL flow to document data flow throughout organization
• Use expert SQL skills to provide data extracts as needed to address project and business need
• Collaborate with business and development teams to design, and document analytics dashboards, alerts, and reports
• Support data management initiatives and data stewards by being a domain data expert
• Design and execute technical aspects of function
• Collaborate directly with teammates and business partners to build solutions that solve problems and are reusable, scalable, fast, and maintainable
• Independently solve problems and fix technical issues
Experience and Education Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree in General Business, Finance, Actuarial Science, Analytics or Information Systems or equivalent combination of education and experience
• 4-7 years of experience in data mapping, requirements and business process analysis to ensure IT solutions meet the business's needs
• 2+ years of experience with SQL and ETL mapping tools
• 2+ years of Data Analysis/Mapping experience
• Experience with Tableau, PowerBI, JIRA, Alteryx, Informatica
• Proficient in requirements gathering methodologies and the SDLC
• Understanding of APIs
• Experience with waterfall and agile development methodologies
• Experience with industry data modeling techniques and processes
• Insurance industry experience & knowledge of Annuity/Life products
Skills and Abilities
• Strong analytical, critical-thinking, and problem-solving skills
• Fast, adaptive learner
• Ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously
• Exhibits flexibility and tolerance for ambiguity with the ability to thrive in a rapidly changing business environment
• Dedicated work ethic
• Strong interpersonal communication skills, written and verbal
F&G believes in an employee-centric flexible environment, which is why we offer the ability for in-office, hybrid and remote work arrangements. During the hiring process, you'll work with your leader to decide what works best for your role.
Join our employee-centric hybrid work environment: fglife.com/about/culture.html
Since 1959, Fidelity & Guaranty Life Insurance Company (F&G) has offered annuity and life insurance products to those who are seeking security in retirement and protection during life’s unexpected events.
As an Iowa Top Workplace1 and a proud equal opportunity employer, F&G employees are empowered, collaborative, dynamic and authentic. We believe that by embracing these values, we will continue to build and strengthen the company, while continuing to be a great place to work.
1Des Moines Register Top Workplaces 2018-2021.