Sr. Data Analyst - AML Analytics & Customer Risk Rating at The PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA)
Position OverviewAt PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. We work together each day to foster an inclusive workplace culture where all of our employees feel respected, valued and have an opportunity to contribute to the company’s success.
This position will reside within PNC's Bank Secrecy Act / Anti-Money Laundering Technology and Innovation team, supporting risk reporting and customer risk rating
Ideal candidates possess the following knowledge, skills, or abilities:
• Working knowledge of big data environments/relational databases. Prior experience in Microsoft Access and Oracle strongly preferred
• Ability to comfortably query and manipulate enterprise-wide data sets using SQL, Spark, and Python – exposure to 2/3 is preferred, but not required
• Prior exposure to 2/3 or more of the following analytics tools strongly preferred: Toad for Oracle, Jupyter Lab, and Hive
• Prior experience with risk classification and risk rating, preferably within BSA/AML risk assessment
• Prior experience conducting user acceptance testing and system integration testing
• 2+ years of experience within AML Investigations/Advisory functions OR direct experience developing analytics solutions for AML functions strongly preferred
• Ability to consult with internal business partners to gather reporting requirements, present analytics findings, and promote data best-practices
• Comfortable explaining complex technical topics to technical and non-technical stakeholders at a variety of seniority levels
• Prior experience supporting the fulfillment of internal and external audit/regulatory reviews and information requests
Candidates must possess a minimum of 3+ years of experience within a related reporting/analytics or data management role.
- Manages and develops information systems for clients; conducts data information analysis for a variety of studies under the direction of organizational standards.
- Advises end-users on data manipulation, end-user support systems and statistical analysis.
- Selects new information sources and acquires stock. Catalogs and indexes new materials.
- Implements and supports technologies for managing and effectively utilizing multiple information sources, formats and uses.
- Researches customers needs, conducts awareness and promotional sessions for potential customers.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
Additional Job Description
PNC offers employees a comprehensive range of benefits to help meet your needs now and in the future. Depending on your eligibility, options for full-time employees include medical/prescription drug coverage (with a Health Savings Account feature); dental and vision options; employee and spouse/child life insurance; short- and long-term disability protection; maternity and parental leave; paid holidays, vacation days and occasional absence time; 401(k), pension and stock purchase plans; dependent care reimbursement account; back-up child/elder care; adoption assistance; educational assistance and a robust wellness program with financial incentives. To learn more about these and other programs, including benefits for part-time employees, visit pncbenefits.com > New to PNC.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at [email protected].
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.