Who We Are:
At Calm, we have a simple, albeit BIG mission: to make the world a happier and healthier place. Through our website, blog, and app—filled with meditations, sleep stories, music, movement, and more—we’re redefining what mental care looks like in 2021 and beyond. With over 100 million users worldwide, 100,000 new users daily, and our growing partnerships with major companies, we’re having a positive effect on more and more people each and every day. And while the heart of Calm is digital, we are growing and expanding offline with a variety of products and services to help deliver on our mission of health and happiness, the world over.
What We Do:
As a leading brand in the mental wellness space, the Calm Content team works hard to develop life-changing audio and video content that truly helps people build a habit around mental wellness. Whether that’s better sleep, less anxiety, or even movements to help get users out of their head, we create experiences that truly help people find a happier and healthier life.
What You’ll Do:
The Sr. Content Strategy and Analytics Manager will develop scalable frameworks and conduct analyses to guide programming strategy and content investment. They will evaluate and prioritize new opportunities. They will collaborate with other parts of the organization to align priorities and guide strategic planning.
- Develop and report on KPIs to measure content performance
- Build valuation framework and models to conduct analyses for new content projects and partnerships
- Create financial models to guide strategic planning for future content programming
- Research and share industry trends and competitive activities
- Present actionable insights to the broader content team based on an understanding of how users interact with content on the Calm platform
- Evaluate new business opportunities
- Collaborate cross-functionally with content, marketing, product, user acquisition, data science, consumer insights and other teams
Who You Are:
- Has 7+ years experience in strategy, finance or analytics roles
- Intellectual curiosity with an ability to turn analysis into actionable insights that guide decision making
- Strong communication skills and the ability to present analysis in a clear and concise way to both senior executives and creative team members
- Enthusiasm for complex problem solving through data analysis, financial modeling, or other statistical modeling
- Both big picture strategic thinking and the ability to dig in to the details
- Entrepreneurial spirit of a self-starter who can work effectively autonomously
- Adaptability and excitement to work in a growing and changing business environment
- IQ/EQ balance and strong interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to build meaningful relationships and become a trusted partner
- Prior experience in digital audio/video content or consumer tech subscription businesses
We believe that mental health is health, and every person should be considered in the discussion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.