Sr. Business Systems Analyst at The Walt Disney Company (Orlando, FL)
At Disney, we're storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt's passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world-a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences - and we're constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences.
The Enterprise Technology mission is to deliver technology solutions that align to business strategies while enabling enterprise efficiency and promoting cross-company collaborative innovation. The Enterprise Technology organization drives competitive advantage by enhancing our consumer experiences, enabling business growth, and advancing operational excellence.
Disney's Enterprise Technology Identity and Access Management (IAM) group is responsible for providing a Core IAM ecosystem of products and platforms in use across the company by cast members, employees, and partners within Disney's business segments (DMED, DPEP, Studios, DGE) and Corporate functions. Our vision is to provide modern Identity and Access Management capabilities and services that are simple, seamless, and secure to protect our workforce, our data, and our brands.
What You Will Do:
The Senior Business Analyst is responsible for translating business requirements into user stories and outcomes for development, testing, and implementation. They act as Product Owners, serving as a voice of the customer within the engineering team and prioritizing the team backlog to streamline the execution priorities. They play a significant role in quality control, by establishing acceptance criteria, ensuring both functional and user-acceptance testing, and evaluating completed stories according to the definition of "done". They demonstrate customer centricity and service orientation, by building collaborative relationships across the enterprise and ensuring the delivery of quality product that delivers the desired business outcomes.
- Ability to manage, report, correlate, and analyze large sets of data for analysis and decisioning purposes
- Acts as subject matter expert with internal stakeholders and the assigned product or product areas
- Manage own work to deliver according to project schedules
- Collaborate with technology and end-user communities to understand business process and elicit, define, and document requirements
- Write well-defined user stories and acceptance criteria based on established requirements
- Evaluate the delivered stories against the definition of done and the established acceptance criteria
- Collaborate with business partners on implementation, including training, change management, and communications
- Serve as an escalation point for difficult problems and complex inquiries
- 5+ years' of experience in a business systems analysis role
- 2+ years' of experience participating in Identity and Access Management and Cybersecurity projects
- Demonstrated experience leading small teams to deliver projects and business outcomes
- Experience with agile software development methodologies (PMI-ACP, SAFe Agilist, ICP-ACC, etc.)
- Familiarity with Python/R or other statistical programming languages
- Familiarity with data exploration and data visualization tools like Tableau, Jupyter, Power BI, etc.
- Familiarity and experience with Identity and Access Management (Single Sign-On, Authentication, Authorization, User Provisioning, Privileged Access Management, and Identity Data) services and products (Ping, Azure AD, Okta, etc.
- Agile product owner certifications (CSPO, SAFe PO/PM, etc.)
BS in Computer Science or related discipline; Master's preferred.