Sr Business Systems Analyst, Marketing (Minneapolis, MN)
As the Sr Business Systems Analyst, Marketing within VIZIO's Information Technology team, this individual plays a critical role working closely with the business and across the Information Technology organization defining, delivering, monitoring, and supporting IT business solutions and supporting roadmaps. In summary this position: provides cost effective business financial systems and applications analysis in support of the development and implementation of business applications; includes evaluation, analysis, documentation of requirements, translation into proper system requirement specifications and configuration; formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on both end-user needs and a thorough understanding of business systems, applications, and industry requirements. Operates as a liaison between technical personnel and the appropriate end-user department; evaluates and translates end user needs and problems to technical associates and/or vendors where appropriate; understands the business implications of technical solutions, and assists in defining, testing and documenting the technology solutions to support any future business needs; teaches end users new technology and enhancements using all appropriate communication tools as well as providing support for existing system.
What You Will Do
- Conducts business process analyses, needs assessments, and preliminary cost/benefits analyses to align information technology solutions with business initiatives.
- Works with business users to define and analyze problems and priorities and align the most appropriate technical, application or configuration solutions.
- Solicits, develops, documents, and manages requirements and provides detailed design and business rules to support the requirements throughout the project life cycle up to and through change control management.
- Considers the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment.
- Reviews system test plans and system tests modules before implementation.
- Creates, reviews and delivers end-user documentation (user guide, process flow charts, and training materials) and training for accuracy.
- Works with the user to select or create appropriate scenarios to test all results to determine whether system changes meet the project specifications; uses scenarios to assist the end user in acceptance testing.
- In upgrades, monitors production performance enhancements and system integrity with end-users.
- Develops detailed implementation and upgrade project plans in conjunction with other account team associates.
- Ensures that documentation is updated when change requests are approved for the project.
- Collaborates with project manager to manage and monitor project activities.
- Liaises with internal or external technical team to deliver the product or service.
- Provides advanced input on processes, procedures, or new approaches.
- Provides oversight and direction to less experience Business Systems Analysts.
- Instructs, directs, and checks the work of other business systems analysts.
- Coaches, motivates, and guides team members
- Utilizes best practice processes around work assignments, project management, and quality of output while maximizing overall team performance.
- Builds relationships with customers to improve services and ensure service levels are being met.
- Has full functional knowledge of area of responsibility.
- Competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of systems analysis, while considering the business implication of the application of technology to the current and future business environment.
- Creates business process flow charts for customer and technical review.
- Creates communication plans (correspondence, presentations, and other materials) for knowledge transfer to others.
- Supports multiple application areas, functions, or processes.
- Provides informal mentoring to less experienced colleagues.
- Manages critical projects, customer engagements or business processes.
- Leads critical projects, customer engagements or business processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration and 4 years relevant experience or Graduate degree in Business Administration and 2 years relevant business experience.
- Advanced knowledge of system development methodology, project management, analytical/problem solving skills and relevant business and technology skills.
- In-depth disciplinary knowledge; leverages business acumen and subject matter expertise.
- In-depth understanding of the company's goals, customer requirements and knowledge of competitor practices.
- Thorough understanding of the company's business priorities, strategy, and direction.
- Thorough understanding and management of customer business needs and expectations.
- Advanced knowledge of and ability to put into practice commonly used SDLC methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, etc.).
- Business systems process knowledge within the Content Management System, Performance Marketing, eCommerce and Social Media Marketing.
- Proficient in Adobe Experience Manager, Adobe Analytics and OneTrust
- Working knowledge of: Figma, UX UI, Hubspot, Salesforce, SharePoint
- Scrum Master certification a plus
- Supervisory Responsibility: This role does not have direct supervisory responsibilities. However, this role is expected to provide guidance and mentoring to lessor experienced team members. In addition, this role will also have project management responsibilities.
We are Beautifully Simple.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, VIZIO is a leading HDTV brand in America and the #1 Sound Bar Brand in America. VIZIO's mission is to deliver high performance, smarter products with the latest innovations at a significant savings that we can pass along to our consumers. Our loyal following and industry-wide praise continues to grow as we redefine what it means to be smart.
VIZIO, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. We will not pay fees to any third-party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
For California-based employment: The minimum salary for this position is $ 82,000.00 /year. The maximum salary for this position $ 130,000 / year. The compensation package includes the annual bonus in addition to a range of medical, dental, vision and other benefits.
For Colorado-based employment: The minimum salary for this position is $ 82,000 /year. The compensation package includes the annual bonus in addition to a range of medical, dental, vision and other benefits.
For New York-based employment: The minimum salary for this position is $ 82,000 /year. The maximum salary for this position $ 130,000 / year . The compensation package includes the annual bonus in addition to a range of medical, dental, vision and other benefits.
For Washington-based employment:
The base salary range for this position is $ 82,000 /year to $130,000/year .
Compensation may vary inside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. Base pay is one part of the employee's total compensation package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work, and this role may be eligible for additional discretionary bonuses/incentives, commissions, profit-sharing, or other stock compensation.
Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, up to 15 days of paid time off (PTO), paid sick leave, eight (8) paid holidays per year, eight (8) weeks of paid paternity/maternity leave, and tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance, other health benefits through VIZIO's employee assistance program (EAP).