Sr. Business Analyst at Abacus Insights
Abacus Insights is a mission-driven, growth-stage technology company focused on transforming the healthcare payor industry, ultimately creating a more personalized patient experience, improving health outcomes, and lowering the overall cost of healthcare. Abacus Insights provides a flexible, efficient, and secure platform that organizes and exchanges healthcare data from various sources and formats, allowing our customers to uncover differentiated insights that address their clients' needs. Our employees know that they play an active role in keeping our customers' data safe and are responsible for ensuring that our comprehensive policies and practices are met.
With our deep expertise in cloud-enabled technologies and extensive knowledge of the healthcare industry, we have built an innovative data integration and management platform that allows healthcare payors access to data that has been historically siloed and inaccessible. Through our platform, these health plans can ingest and manage all the information they need to transform their business by supporting analytical, operational, and financial needs.
Since our founding in 2017, Abacus has built a highly successful SaaS business, raising more than $53 Million from industry-leading VC firms. We are solving problems of massive scale and complexity in an industry that is ready for disruption. We are experiencing explosive growth and would love for you to join us.
About the Team/Role:
The Client Delivery team at Abacus Insights is small, agile, and growing team that is responsible for end-to-end technical product delivery, as well as working closely with our clients to drive the value of our platform. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly growing and versatile team that is facilitating a massive change in how healthcare payors derive value from the disparate data sets spread across their ecosystem.
In addition to typical Business Analyst responsibilities in this role you will also need to have customer facing skills as you will be collaborating with other Abacus team members (Program Lead, Data Architect/Modeler, Data Analysts, program management) to work with key business and technical stakeholders on the client/prospect side. The focus of these engagement will be to categorize current baseline state, and work on providing a blueprint for the target state Data Management platform. The ideal candidate needs to be comfortable and willing to leverage both Business Analyses and consulting skills in addition to their knowledge of Healthcare business/domain knowledge, modern data technologies, and communication skills.
Business Analyst Responsibilities include:
- Attend all discovery sessions to capture current state and target state Data Management, pain points.
- Document all meeting notes, technical discussions.
- Create process maps and high-level solution architecture diagrams.
- Act as a key liaison and communicate prospect’s pain points and desired state needs to internal Abacus team of Data Analysts and Data Modeler/Architect.
- Prepare documents and illustrations for target state solution. Play a key role in preparing presentation slides for milestone and final readouts.
- Travel to client sites
Project Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for creation and execution of the detail task level plan for the Discovery engagement.
- Work with project managers and other stakeholders for planning and delivery of functionality.
What We're Looking For:
- Solid knowledge of US Healthcare system and data types – Eligibility, Medical claims, Rx claims and clinical.
- Worked at a Payer/PBM organization or Health IT/Services firm serving the Payer market.
- Business Requirements and Technical Requirements gathering and documentation.
- Business Process Mapping on Visio/Lucid chart
- Ability to understand and review technical documents and artifacts.
- Prior experience working in Cloud based environments – AWS, Azure, GCP.
- Working knowledge of SQL. Must have ability to interpret and review data transformation logic/specifications.
- Must have client facing skills and be able to lead/run meetings and presentations.
- Proficient in MS Suite – Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- AWS Certification - Fundamentals
- Project Management – PMP® Certification
- Scrum Master Certification
Equal Opportunity Employer
As a mission-led technology company helping drive better healthcare outcomes, Abacus Insights believes that the best innovation and value we can bring to our customers comes from diverse ideas, thoughts, experiences, and perspectives. We are dedicated to building diverse teams and providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants. Abacus prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type regarding race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.