Sr. Business Analyst / OCM Manager at Allison Transmission (Indianapolis, IN)
JOIN THE TEAM THAT'S POWERING PROGRESS
Building cities. Driving commerce. Saving lives. For over 100 years, Allison Transmission has powered the vehicles and technology that move our world forward.
What powers us? Our employees. From the first person hired by James Allison in 1915 to the thousands across the globe who work for Allison today, we're driving progress everywhere because we employ top talent worldwide.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin driving your career forward!
Sr. Business Analyst / OCM Manager
This role will provide BA/OCM Management support for complex portfolio projects and ongoing enhancements. Successful candidate for this role will work collaboratively across the company to assure quality, timely project implementations and business adoption occurs by providing deliverables needed from BA/OCM/Test Management roles.
- Gather requirements from the key stakeholders by using requirement elicitation techniques like brainstorming, requirement workshops and focus groups
- Validate requirements by cross-referencing them with other stakeholders and try to obtain a buy-in. Create and maintained RTM and User interface specification (UI specification)
- Analyze and interpret requirements for their viability against the business objective
- Serve as a key interface between the business and technical teams translating business processes and requirements into technical requirements and specifications
- Document requirements by creating use cases, functional and requirement specifications documents, categorize requirements as functional, non-functional and technical requirements
- Gain requirements sign-off from the key stakeholders
- Identify training needs by evaluating strengths and weaknesses
- Translate requirements into training needs that will close gaps with functional adoption
- Prepare end-user documentation/manuals
- Lead and manage QA and User Acceptance Testing from preparing comprehensive test plans and test scripts
- Ability to Create test scripts and perform System Testing and to verify product functionality
- Execute test scripts to perform Integrated System Testing and Acceptance testing
- Review detail design documents, test plans and test scripts to ensure system implementation meets requirements
- Apply a structured methodology and lead OCM activities required by a project or initiative. Design, Develop, Deliver and Manage all communication needs for IT Program / Projects
- Conducts change impact analyses, assess change readiness, identify key stakeholders and impacted user community for change management
- Identify and manage anticipated resistance
- Integrate change management activities into project plan
- Evaluate and ensure user readiness
- Define and measure success metrics and monitor change progress
- Analysis, Visualization, and prototyping skills
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships at all levels of stakeholders
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
- Ability to work with Agile / Scrum team and traditional waterfall methodology project teams
- Ability to draft user stories by converting high level epics/features/scope
- Good command over spoken and written communication
- Elicitation and interviewing skills
- Problem-solving and analytical thinking
- Facilitation and observational skills
- Business structure knowledge
- Process modeling skills
- Bachelor's degree in one of the following areas: Information Technology, Business, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience in progressive Business Analysis/ Test Management/ IT Organizational Change Management roles
Allison Transmission is an equal opportunity employer. We have opportunities for all qualified applicants regardless of age, race, color, sex, religion, creed, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran requiring assistance and/or reasonable accommodations reviewing any of the careers information, please contact us at 317-242-5000.
Please note that Allison Transmission will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Allison Transmission will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.