Sr. BI Developer — Remote at Tinuiti
WELCOME TO TINUITI! We are the largest independent performance marketing firm in North America across the Triopoly of Google, Amazon, and Facebook. Our proprietary Mobius AI and data analytics technology powers the ultimate performance for eCommerce brand-building and sales. With over $2 billion in digital media managed, we are proud to represent the most renowned brands like Converse, Nestle, Rite Aid, Advil, Etsy, Tommy Bahama — to just name a few.
Our GROWTH is explosive! Tinuiti has more than doubled in the last 2+ years, from 350 employees to almost 1,000 today, and we are on pace to be around 1,500 by the end of 2022 with a 30% increase in revenue year-over-year. We are owned by our employees and New Mountain Capital, a $30B private equity/alternative investment firm.
What makes us most proud are our employees and our people-first, award-winning CULTURE of cultivating happiness and UNITI (Unleash greatness, Never stop learning, Ignite your passion, Thankful living, Innovate & Inspire change).
BUT DON’T JUST TAKE IT FROM US…
- Best Places to Work (Inc. 2021/2020, Glassdoor 2020, AdAge 2020/2019).
- Digiday Worklife Awards (Employer of the Year 2018, Top Boss 2020).
- Glassdoor: 4.6/5 stars (203 reviews), 82% recommend a friend, 94% approve of the CEO “Great work/life culture balance, competitive salary and benefits, and a big emphasis on mental and emotional health for all employees.”
The Sr. BI Developer will own and manage the implementation of reporting and analytics solutions for Tinuiti’s internal and external clients. This role will work cross functionally with Product Managers and stakeholders to design and build insightful and compelling reporting dashboards and other analytical solutions.
- Collaborate with business users and functional teams to capture and define reporting and analysis requirements. Recommend procedures and policies to support these requirements.
- Bring clarity to requirements by efficiently communicating and iterating with channel teams and other stakeholders by adapting to their pace and style of work.
- Understand underlying data model and map business requirements to technical specifications. Make meaningful suggestions to the data engineering team to help inform the data warehouse roadmap.
- Build data sources to be used for further analysis by consolidating data from multiple source systems using Tableau Prep, Alteryx or custom SQL.
- Build high quality Tableau dashboards based on gathered requirements within demanding timescales.
- Troubleshoot Tableau Prep flows, Tableau dashboards and SQL issues.
- Enhance existing Tableau Prep flows and dashboards for performance optimization.
- Remain up-to-date on Tableau functionality to ensure deliverables are always cutting edge.
- Define BI related best practices, processes, data taxonomies, technical documentation and participate in user training and adoption
- Seek opportunities to drive innovation and process improvement within the reporting space.
- Collaborate with the Data Operations and Engineering teams to influence data architecture, data quality and performance considerations
- Develop BI prototypes in collaboration with Product teams for solution validation
- Mentor other data analysts and BI developers across the organization on BI best practices and guidelines
- 5+ years of experience working with Tableau and exposure to other BI tools like (Power BI, Google Data Studio, Looker, Domo,...)
- Experience working with at least one of the following Modern Cloud Native Data Warehouses (Snowflake, Redshift, BigQuery)
- Strong SQL skills with experience working with large datasets to generate reports and dashboards
- Data preparation experience with visual data transformation tools like Tableau Prep, Alteryx, Snaplogic, Informatica or similar
- Strong understanding of data, data structures, data models, with understanding of relational and dimensional modeling concepts
- Ability to gather business requirements and translate them into technical reporting/BI requirements for implementation
- Strong business acumen and ability to address business problems with actionable insights via problem definition, structured problem solving, and storytelling to help stakeholders make data-informed decisions.
- Awareness of digital marketing concepts and experience working with digital marketing data from advertising/marketing platforms such as Google ads, Microsoft ads, Facebook ads, Google Analytics, TheTradeDesk, Pinterest etc.
- Comfortable working with globally distributed teammates including offshore teams in an agile/scrum environment.
- Highly analytical thinker who leans towards structure and process.
- Excellent task management and task prioritization skills.
- Experience in defining reusable dashboard and documentation templates.
- Experience in embeddable BI tools like GoodData, Looker, ThoughtSpot, Superset
- Experience using charting libraries like D3, Plotly, amCharts
- Awareness of development principles in Python or React
Disclaimer: This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. Elite SEM is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Working Conditions: Working indoors, sitting at a computer for extended periods of time, lifting no more than 10 pounds.