Zoro offers millions and millions of products - an endless aisle with everything you need to run your business. We offer fast and free shipping, no-hassle returns, and exceptional customer service. We've grown quickly in a short time and are continuing to do so while aggressively growing our revenue. We are excited to be a part of an award-winning culture - we have been named a Great Place to Work for multiple years in a row, among other local and national accolades. We think Zoro is a pretty amazing place to work and grow, and think you will too!
As a Sr. Analytics Engineer at Zoro, you are responsible for defining and implementing best-in-class website digital analytics tagging and tracking. You will work with the analytics, product and marketing teams to arrive at the technical elements of tagging and tracking solutions. You will be partnering with a team of front-end software engineers to recommend and / or implement optimal approaches for data capture for downstream data platforms, analytics and decision engines. You will also have the opportunity to help build monitoring solutions, and participate in testing and optimization efforts for our business-critical ecommerce platform.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with key technology and business stakeholders (analytics, data science, marketing, product, software engineering, data engineering and others) to define an optimal tagging strategy for new or existing features.
- Implement data collection for Google Analytics, 3rd party, and internal downstream platforms using Google Tag Manager, leveraging existing web application architecture.
- Develop, test and deploy code in the GA360 platform ensuring streamlined and scalable code for optimal accuracy and performance
- Interact with Quality Engineering on regression testing and CICD release process
- Offer technical expertise to deep dive into analytics data and solve complex issues
- Troubleshoot data collection and configuration issues, surface anomalies and other data trends
- Maintain and evolve specifications repository and other documentation
- Bachelor's Degree with at least 5 years experience in a similar role
- Extensive knowledge of Google Analytics, Enhanced Ecommerce, and the Google Marketing Platform ecosystem
- Expertise with configuring and maintaining Tag Management Systems (Google Tag Manager is preferred) utilizing the data layer and SGTM.
- Experience with validating the quality of web analytics capture and data using appropriate techniques and tools, including automated solutions.
- Strong SQL skills and experience with cloud environments such as GCP or AWS
- Awareness of present day industry trends and technical challenges in digital analytics and digital marketing
- Strong analytical skills and high attention to detail
- Superior communication, collaboration and business-technical interaction skills
- Prior experience in ecommerce / online retail environment.
- Knowledge of A/B testing concepts and tools
- Prior experience with JS frameworks (vue.js in particular), and CICD implementation practices
- Proficiency with agile methodologies and practices
- Prior experience executing and writing regression test cases in automated quality assurance tools
Zoro Values and Inclusive Culture:
We share a commitment to our Zoro values - Win & Lose Together (We prefer winning!), Take Ownership, We Are Transparent, and Aspire to be Customer-Obsessed. Everything we do at Zoro is centered around delighting our customers. It's a natural extension of our company culture and how we care for each other. We believe when we act in ways that are consistent with these values, we can solve any technical challenge that lies ahead of us. As a Zoro employee, you can expect to work with smart, energetic people, learn something every day, and be valued for your perspective.
Zoro is dedicated to fostering an environment where people of all backgrounds and beliefs are represented, and all team members can be confident that their experiences and perspectives are valued. Zoro aims to empower all employees to learn about, raise awareness, and promote diversity and inclusion through all of our workplace interactions. Zoro is a place where everyone can learn, grow and thrive.
We recognize the courage and effort it takes to apply for your next opportunity. We also recognize that there is rarely such thing as a perfect candidate. Even if you do not meet every qualification, we still encourage you to apply -- we do not want to miss out on meeting the next person who could emerge as a key contributor to our business and culture.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.