Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
We’re looking for an experienced analyst to join our growing team. The Operations Planning & Analytics team is responsible for optimizing overall loan portfolio risk by using data driven insights to inform strategies across contact channels, customer segmentation, headcount planning, forecasting, and repayment operations. The ideal candidate will have strong problem solving ability, and prior experience in the credit space, as well as proven social skills to work effectively with both internal and external partners to drive forward recommendations.
What you'll do
- Utilize both industry and internal trends to produce insights that influence strategy for loan repayment that directly impact the company bottom-line
- Own repayment metrics (collections performance, delinquency rates, etc), defining meaningful measurement and building intuitive dashboards
- Cultivate relationships by collaborating with our Growth, Vendor Management, Product, and Risk teams as well as our third-party vendors to operationalize repayment strategies
- Maintain a strong understanding of our evolving data warehouse and provide technical mentorship across all of operations
- Help define the team culture within our growing operations analytics team!
What we look for
- Passion to redefine the lending and financial industry for the better
- Preferably 4+ years of proven ability in an analytical role in consumer collections or credit / risk domain
- Solid understanding of analytical tools (such as SQL, Jupyter Notebook, Python) and experimentation
- Excellent work ethic - takes ownership beyond own responsibility and handle timelines/results effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to lead cross-functionally and influence both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
- A knack for finding insights in data and driving measurable change based on those insights
- Enough laziness to find a faster way to do your least favorite tasks!
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.