Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva’s software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - it’s up to you.
Veeva Nitro is currently looking for an experienced Solution Consultant to support business development and sales of Commercial data science and analytics to pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies. Nitro, Veeva’s cloud-based data science and analytics platform assists life science organizations to modernize and innovate how they deliver insights and analytics to their Marketing, Sales and Operation teams. Using Veeva’s unique, and leading, product approach is allowing life sciences companies to quickly deliver robust capabilities, simplify operations and reduce costs.
You will be a strategic member of the Nitro team, working with prospective customers who show interest in cloud-based technology data analytics platforms for their Commercial business. You will educate the customer during the sales cycle by creating and delivering tailored demos and presentations alongside other Nitro team members. Using your Commercial, analytics & technology background, you will build relationships and credibility with Customers – by creatively showcasing Nitro’s technical differentiators in the context of their unmet business needs. Over time, you will own and curate the Nitro product demo, which will be used to convince customers Nitro can satisfy their requirements but will also inform the product team of key features or concepts that will be released into the production version of Nitro.
What You'll Do
- Participate in Customer discovery/pre-sales sessions, listening to Customer’s high-level business needs
- Co-create Customer solution presentations and Nitro product demonstrations - focusing on end-user, business intelligence and visualizations
- Facilitate Customer facing technical demonstrations, educating the Customers how Nitro can meet their business needs
- Assist in sales operations - supporting bid management, request for proposals and SOW submissions
- Fully own the user requirements, functional design and technical prototyping of the Nitro data science and analytics product demos
- Work with Nitro product and engineering teams to maintain product demo technical environment (code, data, visualizations)
- Build and own persona-based narratives/scripts, used in Customer demonstrations, to tell concise and effective use of the Nitro platform
- Own and manage internal on-going product demo/solution workshops briefing sales, marking and strategy teams with the progress and delivery of demo features
- Research and self-learn business intelligence, data science and other relevant tools showing the adaptability of Nitro in modern use cases
- Prior experience in solution consulting or sales support – which includes customer facing presentations, sales cycle management and business development
- Prior experience with data integration, data warehousing or analytics implementation projects
- 5+ years of experience working for, or with, Commercial life sciences industry companies
- Alternatively, 5+ years of experience technology/data or services vendor that specializes in the life sciences industry
- 3+ years proficiency in business intelligence engineering skillsets and tools (i.e. Tableau, Qlik, MS Power BI)
- 3+ years proficiency with data analysis and data exploration using SQL or other database languages
- 3+ years working in an agile product development methodology and product development tools (e.g. Jira)
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Science, computer science, statistics, math, engineering technology or related field
Nice to Have
- Experience with Veeva commercial cloud applications (CRM, PromoMats, Align, Network)
- Experience with Veeva (e.g. OpenData, Data Cloud) or competitor, life science data sets or analytics products
- Willingness to travel
- Experience in a customer-facing role, preferably with a consulting sales background
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]