Software Test Analyst, Senior at FIS (Richmond, VA)
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team:
The Debit Certification Team is responsible for System Integration certifications in a pre-productive Online and Offline environment configuration prior to FIS clients or networks going live in production. The Certification analysts are responsible for the analysis, build out and proving of Online Host configurations, Switch to Switch network connections, Authorization Processor (AP) configurations (AP Complete and AP Cooperative, Batch Only), AP Batch 2 & 4 processing, MC IPM file processing, VISA batch processing, test settlement reports, test auto reconciliation and posting files.
What you will be doing:
- Responsible for ensuring all Online messaging exchanges with a Host or network meet all FIS specifications and network compliance requirements. This includes financials, authorizations, maintenance, network management and adjustment files and every single data element possible.
- Support additional internal groups who may require Online Transactions in the SIT environment to support proving settlement, reporting, Secure Lock Block rules, pathway configurations, certain applications that impact online environment like OnDot, UAT UI.
- Support Card Base OPIN environment testing needs, Norcross PAS testing needs, Prepaid, Loyalty, and various other "specialty" groups or data centers that impact client function.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
Knowledge of methods, tools and technology used in software testing
- Knowledge and use of quality management methods, tools and technology used to create and support defect-free, application software that meets needs of client/business partner
- Knowledge of basic principles, processes, phases and roles of application development methodologies
- Knowledge of primary database engines with a demonstrated ability to write complex queries to be used for data validation and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of object-oriented development tools, techniques and principles with expertise in at least one object-oriented language
- Knowledge of functions, features and components of existing and planned operating systems and applications
- Skill in analysis, solid decision-making and problem solving
- Ability to work in an agile development environment where developers and testing personnel work closely together to ensure requirements are met or exceeded
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, clients, vendors and public
What we offer you:
- Attractive benefits including private medical cover, dental cover, and travel insurance
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.