Who We Are
Addepar’s purpose is to maximize the positive impact of the world’s capital. More than 700 of the world’s leading financial services firms trust Addepar to unlock the power and possibility of informed, data driven investing and advice. These family offices, wealth managers, banks and institutions use Addepar’s purpose-built SaaS platform and associated Marketplace to deliver exceptional value to their clients in a modern, scalable and secure way.
Our clients use Addepar to manage and advise on more than $3.5 trillion in assets, and we’ve been adding more than $15 billion per week for many consecutive quarters, making us one of the fastest growing companies in fintech. Our board and investors are some of the best in the business: D1 Capital, WestCap, 8VC and Valor Equity Partners have led our last few rounds.
We’re now expanding Addepar’s business around the globe, with clients in more than 25 countries. We’re constantly doubling down on tech- and data-fueled innovation, and our product and platform roadmap is more ambitious today than ever. We place our clients at the center of everything we do, and see a virtually unlimited set of opportunities to expand our client footprint and deepen the value we can unlock by building together.
Addepar is a Forbes Fintech 50 company and an honored member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar embraces a global flexible workforce model with offices in Silicon Valley, New York City, Salt Lake City and Edinburgh, Scotland.
*Marketplace and brokerage services provided by Acervus Securities, Inc., an SEC registered broker‑dealer and member FINRA / SIPC.
We are currently seeking a backend software engineer to join our operating platform group! In this role, you will have the opportunity to use the newest technology stacks to build the next generation of the entire data, computation, API, and research platform of Addepar. We want people who are passionate and care deeply about the success of the whole company. We look for hard-working engineers with real technical depth and a desire to solve complex problems related to financial data in a modern way. If you've designed complex scalable systems, or worked with great teams on hard problems in financial data, or are just interested in tackling really hard technical, mission-critical problems, come join us!
What You’ll Do
- Implement and maintain engineering solutions by writing well-designed, testable code.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Collaborate effectively with product managers, engineers and stakeholders on projects.
- Document software functionality, system design, and project plans; this includes clean, readable code with comments.
- Learn and promote engineering best practices and principles.
Who You Are
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or similar technical field of study (or equivalent practical experience.).
- Minimum 1 year of experience as a professional software engineer and experience with any object-oriented programming language.
- Ability to write software to process, aggregate, and compute on top of large amounts of data in an efficient way.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- A strong ownership mentality and drive to solve the most important problems.
- Passion for implementing best practices with a bias toward smart automation.
- Act Like an Owner - Think and operate with intention, purpose and care. Own outcomes.
- Build Together - Collaborate to unlock the best solutions. Deliver lasting value.
- Champion Our Clients - Exceed client expectations. Our clients’ success is our success.
- Drive Innovation - Be bold and unconstrained in problem solving. Transform the industry.
- Embrace Learning - Engage our community to broaden our perspective. Bring a growth mindset.
In addition to our core values, Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
To ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.