We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
(Remote working in the UK)
Part of the Coinbase Investments organisation, the Market Data & Analytics team’s mission is to organise the world’s crypto data and make it easily actionable to all Coinbase users as they embrace the crypto economy.
As an engineer you will contribute to building institutional grade data and analytics products, and you will interact with a number of teams and systems, including exchange data pipelines, real-time market data streaming, external data delivery.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Bring crypto market data modeling to a standard on par with institutional finance datasets
- Produce derived, proprietary market data by combining and modeling various datasets, allowing to generate new insights for our data products
- Build the next iteration of our enrichment pipelines for scale, speed, and reliability with a strong focus on the ability to sail through the most volatile trading days
- Integrate with a variety of upstream APIs and storage layers exposed by both internal and external entities
- Build tools ensuring data correctness and completeness
- Build systems allowing to manage users and associated data subscriptions
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- You have at least 5 years of relevant experience in software engineering
- Exhibit our core cultural values: positive energy, clear communication, efficient execution, continuous learning
- Data-oriented and product mindset
- Experience building APIs and data backend systems at scale with distributed computing in a cloud native environment
- Experience processing large amounts of structured and unstructured data, including aggregating data from multiple sources
- Experience with handling market and financial instruments data in the crypto or financial services industry
- Understanding of spot and derivatives markets
Nice to haves:
- Experience using data tools and frameworks like Python, Airflow, Snowflake, Postgres, time series databases
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with market data products and institutional finance terminology
- Experience with crypto markets
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.