Software Engineer II - XM Discover, Data Acquisition at Qualtrics (Washington DC)
The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action that helps businesses to attract customers who stay longer and buy more, to engage and empower employees to do the best work of their lives, to develop breakthrough products people love, and to build a brand people can’t imagine living without.
Joining Qualtrics means becoming part of a team bold enough to chase breakthrough experiences - like building a technology that will be a force for good. A team committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion because of a conviction that every voice holds value, with a vision for representation that matches the world around us and inclusion that far exceeds it. You could belong to a team whose values center on transparency, being all in, having customer obsession, acting as one team, and operating with scrappiness. All so you can do the best work of your career.
We believe every interaction is an opportunity. Are we yours?
We are seeking a collaborative, curious, and enthusiastic Software Engineer to work on all aspects of our data integration software, including the UI, APIs, backend services, and deployment pipeline. We use a number of pretty neat technologies including node, mongo, and typescript, and we deploy roughly every two weeks – so nothing sits on the shelf very long.
The Data Acquisition team is responsible for loading data from any and all disparate data sources into one unified hub for analysis. This includes data coming from social media, ratings and reviews, surveys, various APIs, audio, and much more.
Expectations for Success:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Strong level of curiosity and interest to learn
- Experience with web infrastructure and distributed systems
- Strong algorithms, data structures and coding background
- Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
- Experience with software engineering standard methodologies (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design document)
A Day in the Life:
- Build scalable data processing applications
- Develop scalable, fast, robust, and simple web-based solutions to solve complex business problems
- Implement new features and optimize existing ones to drive maximum performance
- Work closely with, and incorporate feedback from other specialists, tech-ops, and product managers
- Attend daily stand-up meetings, collaborate with your peers, prioritize features, and work with a sense of urgency to deliver value to your customers
What differentiates us from other companies:
- Work life integration is deeply important to us - we have frequent office events, team outings, and happy hours
- Qualtrics Experience Program - $1,500 for an experience of your choosing (eligible after a year)
- We take pride in our office design aiming at fostering creativity from our rooftop views to an open and collaborative work space.
- 30 paid days off - 15 PTO + 5 Personal Days + 10 Holiday Closures (additional after a year)
- On top of standard benefits package (medical employees and their families, dental, vision, life insurance, etc) we provide snacks, drinks, and free lunches in our office
- To learn more about what we value read about it directly from our employees Qualtrics Life stories