Who We Are
Addepar’s mission is to bring data, technology and people together to help investors make more informed and timely investment decisions. Our wealth management platform is transforming the fintech industry by providing data aggregation, analytics and reporting for even the most complex investment portfolios. Here, your voice matters. We believe that portfolio, market and client insights can make a significant and sustainable impact, one person and one community at a time. Working at the intersection of groundbreaking technology and limitless financial services industry growth, we are optimizing how capital is put to work.
At its core, Addepar is a data company. We’re building interoperability and transparency across hundreds of financial systems, and creating more powerful and robust financial applications on top of that platform.
As a Data Engineer, you will deliver data and technical consulting services and solutions to Addepar’s Sales and Services teams as well as our clients and partners. You will be critical to the technical success of our deployments and work with Addepar’s Product and Engineering teams to identify and execute on ways to continually improve our product and services offerings. You will gain a deep understanding of how users in the field interact with Addepar to prototype tools and features.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of providing data solutions that impact product and business decisions. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and are capable of self-direction. You can take broad organizational goals and turn them into concise, effective deliverables. You will help set the vision for how we use data at Addepar and empower others in contributing toward that vision.
- Automating business processes and integrating with cloud based services via APIs.
- Consultative approach in designing and building best in class data solutions to optimize business processes with an eye toward eliminating redundant data maintenance.
- Synthesize business and product requirements to design and deliver integrated data solutions in an agile way.
- Team with Services, Product, and Engineering Leaders to define best practices for the flow of data into and out of Addepar.
- Develop subject matter expertise in the Addepar product as well as the tools upon which Addepar relies for data management.
- Develop and maintain Python SDK and related tooling to enable users to more efficiently integrate data with Addepar.
- Taking a full stack engineering approach to solving core data problems.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or other quantitative field
- Experience building ETL pipelines that support data collection, transformation, validation, and ingestion
- Solutions oriented, with exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Familiarity with writing, debugging, and optimizing SQL queries
Nice to Have
- In depth knowledge of Python or Java
- Experience with large-scale / streaming data processing tools including Kafka, Spark, and Flink
- Experience with frontend application development
- 2+ years of professional data engineering experience in analytics, data operations, or related roles
Addepar was founded in 2009 by Palantir co-founder Joe Lonsdale, who currently serves as an active Chairman of its Board of Directors and General Partner at 8VC. Addepar works with hundreds of leading financial advisors, family offices and large financial institutions that manage data for over $3 trillion of assets on the company's platform. Addepar was named a Forbes Fintech 50 company and honored as a member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City, Salt Lake City and Edinburgh, Scotland.
At Addepar, we are driven by our core values:
- Take Action - We believe in empowering each other to make decisions that elevate our colleagues and our communities.
- Build Together - We celebrate success by recognizing the value of collaborating with each other, our clients and partners.
- Best Ideas Win - We welcome new ideas that inspire change.
- Demand Transparency - We encourage open discussion and information-sharing to strengthen communication across organizations.
- Solve Problems that Matter - We put our community of clients and partners first by creating technology that meets their needs today
In addition to our core values, Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
To ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.