Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
We are seeking a skilled and motivated Database Administrator (DBA) for a growth opportunity on our team. As a Snowflake Database Administrator for Optum State Government Solutions, you will be responsible for managing the delivery of a multi-Terabyte Snowflake Data Warehouse environment on Azure Cloud that will contain public and private health care enrollment, claims and encounter data from insurance carriers, health plans, third-party administrators, pharmacy benefit managers, and Medicaid data. This is a growth opportunity position working with a highly skilled team that will carry over into Azure cloud administration activities and responsibilities.
- Experience with Snowflake and Oracle. Ability to migrate from On-premise Oracle to Cloud snowflake
- User management, Security management, performance management, High availability management, space management, and backup management of databases
- Experience on Database tools, such as: SQL Developer, OEM / Grid, Toad, and ERWIN Data Modeler
- Build and maintain secure, compliant data processing pipelines, tables, views, procedures and datasets
- Integrate, transform, and consolidate data from various structured and unstructured data systems into structures that are suitable for building analytics solutions and/or performing analysis
- Use Enterprise Manager and other Azure services for availability and performance monitoring
- Automate database administration tasks using PL/SQL and shell scripts
- Work with engineers in support of SSO authentication requirements
- Support of existing Oracle RAC on Linux, during a transition from on-premise to Azure Cloud
- To be considered for this position, applicants need to meet the qualifications listed in this posting
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of experience in a Technical Support environment or a similar technical function in a customer-facing role
- 5+ years of Oracle database and VLDB experience
- 2+ years of experience supporting Snowflake running on Azure or AWS cloud services and terraform scripting
- Foundational SQL experience/usage
- Experience troubleshooting database connectivity issues using a variety of methods (client software, drivers/connectors)
- Database migration and ETL experience
- Understanding of Data Warehousing fundamentals and concepts
- Proven excellent writing and communication skills in English with an attention to detail
- Proven solid teaming skills in a highly collaborative environment and the ability to function in global arena
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.