Settlement Analyst I at FIS (Cincinnati, OH)
We are FIS. Our technology powers the world's economy and our teams bring innovation to life. We champion diversity to deliver the best products and solutions for our colleagues, clients and communities. If you're ready to start learning, growing and making an impact with a career in fintech, we'd like to know: Are you FIS?
About the team
Settlement Financial Operations (SFO) supports merchant credit card processing platforms and primarily partners with internal groups in operations, product, and client relationship management to record, reconcile and settle financial transactions.
What you will be doing
As an Settlement Analyst, your finger will be on the financial pulse of the entire organization. Collaborating with a diverse team, you will be responsible for recording general ledger journal entries, preparing client invoices and conducting account reconciliation, and various analyses of financial statements.
• Use financial data to prepare and record general ledger journal entries.
• Prepare cash and balance sheet account reconciliations.
• Analyze financial statements and provide concise explanations for variances.
• Research period over period variances in revenue, cost of sales and expense and provide logical explanations for fluctuations.
• Assist internal clients by providing information required to file tax returns, prepare insurance documentation and any other required information pertaining to the entity.
What you will need
• Knowledge of auditing processes and procedures as well as accounting principles, financial statements, practices and procedures.
• Skilled in analytical and statistical examination.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required
• internal/external audit experience.
• CPA preferred.
What we offer you
• A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
• The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
• Time to support charities and give back in your community
• A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.