New hires in office-based roles in the US & Puerto Rico will be required, subject to applicable law, to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for a medical or religious exemption to this vaccination requirement that can be accommodated without an undue burden to the operation. However, subject to applicable law, employees working in roles that the Company determines require routine collaboration with external stakeholders, such as employees in customer facing commercial or research based roles, will be required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment.
Our Human Health Insights Analytics and Data (HHIAD) team is innovating how we understand our patients and their needs. Working cross functionally we are inventing new ways of communicating, measuring, and interacting with our customers and patients leveraging digital, data and analytics.
Are you passionate about helping people see, understand, and interact with data? You will take part in an exciting journey to help transform our organization to be the premier data-driven company by 2023. As a Senior Specialist, Data Visualization, you will help lead the design and development of high-quality compelling data visualization products to drive programmatic decision making, learning and adaptation for the Commercial Marketing Department. You will collaborate with stakeholders to understand user needs, data use cases and develop clear and compelling data products that transform data into interactive and dynamic visualizations to convey analytical insights, demonstrate results, and communicate analytical findings. You will create understanding and empathy around user needs, stated and unstated, for the Human Health Commercial Analytics team.
The successful candidate will possess exceptional analytical capabilities with the ability to utilize multiple Business Intelligence (BI) technologies. They will have strong business acumen across the US Market, while being a skilled communicator and collaborator. They will work directly with stakeholders and team members to define, design and deliver actionable insights.
The role's core responsibilities will include:
- Creating interactive dashboards using BI tools that enable users to assess progress to KPIs as well as to answer critical business questions
- Managing project timelines to enable accurate reporting and functionality during enterprise system transformations
- Managing diverse projects and processes within Digital Engagement Teams, Marketing, and Operations Teams
- Lead business requirement sessions with stakeholders
- Champion data quality, integrity and reliability throughout the department by designing and promoting best practices
- Translate new business needs into desired data visualization improvements
- Work with agile IT team in BI tool capability development including writing agile stories, prioritizing initiatives, and incorporating improvements into existing dashboards
- Test and deploy new capabilities using BI applications
- Create new visualizations to enable informed business decisions on strategy and execution
- Vendor relationship management ensuring business requirements are clearly articulated and executed
- Provide BI training to stakeholders to foster increased understanding and utilization of the information provided
Qualifications and Capabilities:
- Required: BA/ BS or equivalent experience
Required Experience and Capabilities:
- 2 years experience delivering business intelligence solutions (Power BI experience a plus)
- 2 years using BI tools to create interactive dashboards and best-in-class data visualizations for digital marketing stakeholders
- 2 years managing project timelines for both backend and frontend dashboard development
- 2 years experience in training users on BI tool self-service capabilities
- Experience with data visualization front-end development
- Experience leading the management of data quality, integrity, and reliability through best practices development and education
- Proven analytics and problem-solving skills
- Strong presentation and collaboration skills and can communicate all aspects of the job requirements
- Effective communication skills with an ability to process technical information and translate clearly and concisely to broad audiences
- Strong judgment, prioritization, and decision-making skills
- Innovative thinking, with affinity toward experimentation and appropriate risk taking
- Strong understanding of all compliance-related concepts, including the laws, regulations and policies that govern pharmaceutical marketing and sales activities
- Advanced proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel and other related analytical tools
This position is location agnostic but may require up to 10% Travel to our Upper Gwynedd., PA office for collaboration, as needed.
Our Human Health Division maintains a "patient first, profits later" ideology. The organization is comprised of sales, marketing, market access, digital analytics and commercial professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing our medicines to our customers worldwide.
Who we are ...
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for ...
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us-and start making your impact today.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another's thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: