Does working with real data and having an impact on the small businesses that are the backbone of the US economy excite you? What about the opportunity to learn from Data Scientists and Engineers with domain expertise? With the Chase Acquisition, WePay’s payments systems will start supporting expanded use cases. To help with these exciting technical challenges, we are looking for a Senior Machine Learning Engineer to join our team.
As a Senior Machine Learning Engineer, you will support the expanded use cases and help minimize the Risk/Fraud losses. You will be able to Increase WePay’s coverage of Machine Learning models, increase the iteration speed and reduce the time it takes to deliver a new model to the business. You will have the ability to work on groundbreaking technologies like Gradient Boosted Trees, Deep Learning, Tensorflow, etc.
You would be joining the Data Science team early as it is ramping up helping to craft the processes and practices for future team members. This is your chance to work on a wide variety of verticals in the small business space. With WePay, you will have a tangible and meaningful impact on business outcomes as well as the opportunity to learn and experiment with various research ideas.
What You Will Do
- Build machine learning systems and models for detecting payment fraud, merchant fraud, and merchant risk
- Design and Implement Knowledge graph capturing information from various 3rd party/partner data sources and relationships therein
- Drive the complete lifecycle from data extraction, model development through model deployment and production evaluation/maintenance
- Collaborate closely with engineering and risk detection/product teams
What Impact You Will Have
- Improve our fraud/risk detection capabilities
- Drag down losses and save hundreds of thousands of dollars for the company
- Cut down review volume and reduce risk analysts’ workload
What We Are Looking For
- 4+ years of practical experience in applied machine learning/model development
- In-depth understanding of machine learning and modeling algorithms such as decision trees, random forest, neural networks, SVM, etc.
- Technical expertise in data preprocessing, feature extraction, model building, and statistical analysis
- Proficiency in databases (SQL), and programming languages (at least one of the following: Python, R, Ruby, Java, etc)
- M.S. or Ph.D. in a relevant technical field (computer science, engineering, physics, mathematics, statistics, etc.)
- Collaborative, team player who drives to resolve customer needs
- Outstanding track record of innovation and success
Bonus If You Have
- Text Mining and NLP
- Deep Learning (CNNs, RNNs, and sequence modeling)
- Graphical Models
WePay’s mission is to make commerce seamless. Our products help software companies integrate payments into their applications – thereby empowering small businesses and individuals to get paid easily and quickly using their go-to apps and software. Our customers include BigCommerce, TouchBistro, Meetup, and Freshbooks, just to name a few. By joining forces with JPMorgan Chase, a global financial services firm with over $2.5 trillion in assets that serves millions of customers worldwide, WePay is now able to connect our customers seamlessly into a range of banking services beyond payments. WePay is a unique place to work and offers the best of both worlds. WePay has a FinTech startup culture that emphasizes transparency, collaboration, and career growth, with the ability to work on small, nimble teams. However, now combined with the power of JPMorgan Chase, employees are also able to create change at scale and have an opportunity to truly disrupt and shape FinTech.
You can find more information at wepay.com
To all recruitment agencies: WePay does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, WePay employees, or any other company location. WePay is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
More Information on WePay
WePay operates in the Software industry. The company is located in Redwood City, CA. WePay was founded in 2008. It has 460 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Health Insurance Benefits, 401(K), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Stocked Kitchen, Fitness Subsidies. To see all 36 open jobs at WePay, click here.
Read Full Job Description