Senior Software Engineer, Data Partner Integrations at Alloy
Alloy is an Identity Decisioning Platform and supports innovative fintech companies and banks to manage KYC, AML, and other components of client onboarding. Alloy’s single API enables its clients to access over 60 third party data sources in real-time to improve decision-making and streamline client experiences. We're backed by venture capital firms that have taken countless companies to IPO like Bessemer Venture Partners, Primary Venture Partners, Eniac Ventures, and others and well positioned to bring on incredibly talented individuals to help take us to the next level. Come join one of Inc. Magazine's Best Workplaces to work!
As the Data Partner Integrations Team, our mandate is to integrate these service providers into Alloy in order to both meet client needs and strategically drive Alloy's product forward. In addition to the data partner integrations themselves, the DPI Team is responsible for leveling up how data is integrated into the platform and has a degree of autonomy in deciding exactly what this means.
Some examples of projects currently driven by the Data Partner Integrations Team include:
- Computer Vision and Machine Learning: Erik, an engineer on the DPI Team, is currently using OpenCV (an open-source computer vision library) and TensorFlow (Google's machine learning platform) on a project so experimental I can't mention it in a public job posting—guess we'll have to have a chat if you want to learn more!
- Custom decisionable attributes: "Attributes" are the core unit of data upon which clients build their custom decisioning workflows, and Calvin is currently in the design phases of a project which will allow clients and/or Alloy Solutions Architects to build custom attributes. This will allow more flexibility in how our clients work with third-party data, which is core to Alloy's value proposition. Clients which get the most value out of Alloy's platform regularly iterate on their decisioning rules to best meet business needs, and the more flexibility we can give them in tweaking these rules, the better.
- Integrate new data partners into Alloy's platform to meet client needs and help drive strategic growth of Alloy's product
- Maintain and build on existing integrations
- Improve observability and reliability of integrations
- Take on projects to level up how we use third-party data at a fundamental level
- Whatever you want—I'm not your boss (I mean I might be!). But seriously anything you can think of that builds on the mandate of The DPI Team is fair game. We're certainly going to plan our work together and we will be working on things which arise from clients and other business areas, but self-directed work is very important to this team.
- Mentor and learn—you may be just starting out your career and looking for a place which will give you the skills and experience to level up as an engineer, or you may be more experienced yourself and looking for an environment in which your skills will make an impact. Either way we will learn and grow together.
- 8+ years real world experience. If you're coming straight out of bootcamp or the like and can somehow demonstrate exceptional aptitude, then it still may be worth an intro call. But in general I am looking for people who have at least some industry experience. I'm open to hiring applicants into both the "Software Engineer" level or "Senior Software Engineer" level depending on the needs of the team and what you bring to the table—either way I can promise engineers early in their career an opportunity to learn and grow, and more seasoned engineers an opportunity to put their well-developed skills to good use.
- While we like to think of ourselves as "platform-agnostic" in our hiring process, realistically it helps top have experience with our tech stack, including:
- Node.js (the language you'll be working in)
- Experience working with and integrating third-party APIs
- SQL (Postgres but it's really all the same at the end of the day)
- Git or a similar version control system
- AWS (we do have a dedicated DevOps team but it's good to at least have a passing knowledge of how your code will be running in production)
- Know your way around a command line
- Teamwork experience!
- College degree in computer science is helpful, but not necessary (my boss has a degree in history or something and he's doing just fine)
- Unlimited PTO and flexible work policy; we are remote for most roles!
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA employer contribution, FSA, and FSA dependent programs
- 401k with 100% match up to 4% with immediate vesting and eligibility
- $500 to set up your WFH space - a one time thing
- Monthly commuter contribution
- Monthly credits for groceries from Public Goods
- Monthly credits for Seamless
- Monthly wellness credits to ClassPass
- Annual Citi Bike membership
- Annual $1,000 learning & development stipend
- 4 free therapy sessions and 3 months of talk therapy
We're a lean team, so your impact will be felt immediately. If this all sounds like a good fit for you, why not join us?How to Apply
Apply right here! You've found the application!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are committed to an inclusive interview experience and provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with visible and invisible disabilities. We encourage applicants to share needed accommodations with their recruiter.