Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2020
- TIME100 Most Influential Companies 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces in Financial Services & Insurance™ 2021 and Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™ 2021
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!About the team:
Our Data Infrastructure teams are the central node to every team within Robinhood. As a Software Engineer in the Data Infra Team, you'll be building large scale distributed systems to power data driven products, analytics, and decision making.
We build platforms to enable real-time streaming, distributed batch processing, storage and analytics. We heavily rely on open source frameworks and build our platforms on top of them. These platforms power everything from placing a trade on the Robinhood app, to new products like IPO Access, to critical day to day business operations.
Our customers are product engineers, infrastructure engineers, ML engineers, data engineers, data scientists, and analysts across the company. We collaborate closely with them to provide reliable, secure, and delightful platforms that enable them to unlock new ways of solving problems with data.
Our teams are fairly new, and we're just getting started to modernize data infra inside Robinhood. We would love for you to join us as we build the next generation of data platforms.What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Designing, operating, integrating, and developing data infrastructure platforms
- Collaborating closely with our internal customers to develop highly effective platforms
- Working with open source technologies like Kafka, Flink, Spark, and Hudi (with opportunities to contribute back to the community!)
- Building a phenomenal customer experience for developers using the infrastructure you build
- Mentoring and coaching others to drive successful projects across the team
- 4+ years of software engineering experience.
- Fluent in one or more programming languages (e.g. Go, Python, Java)
- Experience with building scalable distributed systems, both from scratch as well as on open source frameworks.
- Passionate about building platforms for developers and data professionals
- Deep understanding of the tradeoffs between different data tools and technologies
- Strong verbal and communication skills.
- Comfortable with working on containerized technologies
- Passion for working and learning in a fast-growing company
- Proven experience building and handling large scale data systems
- You have opinions on Kafka vs Kinesis, Spark vs Flink
- Contributions to open source projects like Kafka, Spark, Hudi, Flink e.t.c.
- Love talking to other engineers and enjoy debugging issues in all parts of the stack
- Docker and Kubernetes
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood's benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).