Senior Software Engineer, Data Engineering at Omada Health (Remote)
Omada Health is on a mission to inspire and enable people everywhere to live free of chronic disease.
As a key member of our team, you will help design, build, and scale our robust data pipelines, data warehouse, and machine learning infrastructure. You should be motivated to learn new technologies and be ready to drive technical work. We use sustainable engineering practices: we work together using pair programming and test-driven development as much as possible, and value mindful collaboration and shipping. Our more experienced engineers are characterized by in-depth technical experience and proven progression in leadership responsibility. You will be expected to partner effectively with our Engineering, Product and Data teams.
How you can make an impact:
- You’ll evaluate, benchmark, and improve the scalability, robustness, and performance of our data platform and applications
- You'll make significant contributions to the architecture and design of our data processing platform
- You’ll implement scalable, fault tolerant, and accurate ETLs frameworks.
- You’ll gather and process raw data at scale from diverse sources
- You’ll collaborate with product management, data scientists, analysts, and other engineers on technical vision, design, and planning
- You’ll implement and maintain a high level of data quality monitoring in our analytics & ML ecosystem
- You’ll train and collaborate with teammates effectively in data engineering best practices
- You will be responsible for leading, documenting, and collaborating across teams for technical projects.
What you need for this role:
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer and 3+ years of experience as a data engineer
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Software engineering mindset and an ability to write elegant, maintainable code while following engineering best practices
- Experience implementing data pipelines and improving the performance of ETL processes and SQL queries
- Experience with Cloud platforms such as Amazon AWS.
- Expertise in Python, Java, Scala, Ruby, or Go.
- Experience in data modeling for OLTP and OLAP applications
- Understanding of basic principles of data governance
- Familiarity with workflow management tools (Airflow preferred)
- Familiarity with cloud-based data warehouses (Amazon Redshift preferred)
- Experience building internal frameworks or development productivity tools would be a big plus.
- Shown ability to understand automated testing concepts and ability to consistently apply those concepts
- Exceptional Problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience with streaming technologies and concepts used with data warehouses. Familiarity with distributed data processing or with building streaming based data pipelines (Kafka preferred)
- Experience in taking machine learning models from development to production
- Proficiency with relational databases and SQL queries (PostgreSQL preferred)
- Fundamental understanding of database schema design
- Experience working with sensitive data i.e. PHI / PII & security best practices
- Familiarity with microservices development.
- Application development experience
- Experience building data infrastructure, frameworks and automation is a big plus.
- Experience with containerization and orchestration (Docker, Nomad)
Technologies we use:
Redshift, Postgres, Python, Ruby, Airflow, Jenkins, Git, Docker, EC2, S3, SNS, SQS, Kafka, Linux, SQL & Tableau
- Competitive salary
- Stock options (extended post termination option exercise window for Omadans who are with us 3 years or more)
- Flexible vacation to help you rest, recharge, and connect with loved ones
- Generous parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision insurance (and above market employer contributions)
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Two giftable Omada enrollments per calendar year
- ...and more!
About Omada Health: Omada Health is a digital care provider that empowers people to achieve their health goals through sustainable behavioral change. Working with health plans, employers, and health systems, the company delivers personalized interventions for individuals dealing with chronic conditions, musculoskeletal issues, anxiety, and depression. Combining data-powered human coaching, connected devices, and curriculums tailored to an individual’s specific conditions and circumstances, Omada has enrolled more than 450,000 participants across all 50 states. Omada’s partners include major employers across the country, including Costco and Iron Mountain, as well as leading health plans, such as Cigna and Kaiser.
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated and leveraged to inform better design and business decisions. Omada is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.