Senior Software Engineer, Analytics at Cisco Meraki (Remote)
The modern world runs on the Internet, and the Internet cannot exist without its underlying infrastructure. Meraki makes setting up, managing, and maintaining that infrastructure easier than it has ever been before. Meraki enables connectivity everywhere from neighborhood cafes to world-class universities to global hospitality groups operating thousands of sites. And Meraki's Hardware organization is responsible for building the physical devices that get people online.
Meraki is looking for a Full-Stack Senior Software Engineer to join the Hardware organization's Analytics Team. As an engineer on the Analytics team, you will build the software that connects teams to the data they need to scale and grow. You will work with Data Scientists on the team and internal collaborators across the department to understand current needs and gaps, design solutions, and bring them to production. As part of your work, you will develop relationships with all the teams that use the Analytics team’s data: Supply Chain, Quality Engineering, Product Management, and more.
Ideal candidates will have strong communication skills, an analytical attitude, excellent organizational skills, and a bias to action. You don't wait for change - you make it happen!
Meraki believes that the quality of our product is dependent on the quality of our employees. We place a high value on nurturing the growth and development of everyone on our team. We foster an open and encouraging workplace where everybody is given the opportunity to succeed.
- The Supply Chain team needs a more scalable way to share data with external suppliers and manufacturers. Build a web portal through which partners can log in and access critical data.
- The process through which Meraki assigns MAC addresses and Serial Numbers to devices is becoming outdated as the company grows. Develop scripts to automate the process and minimize the chance for manual errors.
- Meraki devices capture a lot of telemetry data that has the potential to aid in improving hardware quality, but it has not yet been fully used. Build programs to access the data and to make it accessible to our Data Scientists for analysis.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- 7+ years of experience writing professional production code and tests
- Experience in web front-end technologies (e.g. React) and back-end technologies (e.g. Ruby on Rails)
- Proficiency with Git
- Experience with SQL/relational databases
- Understand, facilitate discussion, and work in partnership with other teams
- Design, build, and deploy features and products independently
- Aren’t afraid of rolling your sleeves up and working in all layers of the stack
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Consistent track record of designing and building secure applications that are available over the internet/public cloud
- Experience with Python web frameworks like Flask or Django
- Experience with container-based development (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes) or testing experience (e.g. RSpec)
- Willingness to work in an agile environment (Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
Does this sound like you? We’d love to hear from you!!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on the region.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.