Senior Resource Management Analyst at Ball Aerospace
Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector?
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world, better. Whether we’re developing packaging that’s infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
Primary Purpose of Position:
The Sr. Resource Management Analyst supports the Resource Management Program by maintaining a Global IT Project Portfolio reflecting Resource Management activities within our Demand and Project lifecycle tied to the management of applications or that supports the needs of the IT Capability, Global Shared Service and Global Business Service teams. The Sr. Resource Management Analyst is an expert in Resource Planning, communication and has a very high project management life cycle acumen.
- Develop and maintain the current Resource Management portfolio of IT projects, by working with business representatives and IT Project Sponsors to inventory active projects and anticipate long term portfolio objectives by creating a resource roadmap for the upcoming and existing project pipeline
- Serve as a liaison between IT and the Business Partners / Global Shared Service Delivery Leaders to provide support for events that require changes to the resource plans within the portfolio
- Assist requesters in clarifying and articulating their resourcing needs and anticipated impact to the overall portfolio; assist with high level efforts by engaging appropriate IT Resources where necessary to complete initial and ongoing resource planning activities
- Assist in aligning overall Resource Planning portfolio with disparate organizations (Capability Teams) and programs by providing cross portfolio/organizational resource balancing
- Assist GSS PMO Demand intake by providing resource management data on projects throughout the delivery pipeline
- Understand the capabilities for all IT Resources that support the portfolio by maintaining the entire pool of IT Resources in terms of their skillset, and utilization
- Identify potential risks and gaps in IT Resources throughout the organization in order to satisfy the business needs
- Coordinate with technical members and project sponsors to ensure IT work requests are successfully developed by providing insight, guidance, and sequencing assistance when evaluating resourcing demands
- Provide regularly scheduled and ad hoc Resource Management reporting and analysis to internal stakeholders; provide Resource Planning tool expertise and assistance when needed
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college or work-related experience
- Job related experience for 5 year(s) minimum
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Business Management, or related field
- 3+ years of planning IT projects
- Professional Certifications is preferred (PMI, ITIL, Lean Six Sigma, etc.…)
- Demonstrated experience in planning activities associated with delivery of moderately complex IT solutions
- Demonstrated success in communicating with key stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in delivering project according to an industry standard SDLC (e.g., waterfall, agile)
- Demonstrated ability to balance competing requirements and interests, keep team focused on top priorities, and find ways to achieve win-win or obtain acceptance/consensus for best compromise
- Certifications/Licenses/Other: PMI, ITIL, Lean Six Sigma
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 77,500 - 110,000 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Job Grade: 11
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans