We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
The Instacart Research team is dedicated to understanding the future of online grocery shopping and how current behaviors and needs may be rapidly evolving. We generate insights that drive product strategy and innovation. We are a collaborative and tight-knit team, and we partner with product, design, sales, data science, product marketing, and business development to help build products that solve real problems for people and support Instacart’s mission.
We’re looking for a researcher to lead our Enterprise Research team. As a retailer enablement platform, Instacart’s success depends on empowering our partners. The enterprise team develops solutions for e-commerce, fulfillment, customer support, in-store operations, etc. that help our partners offer innovative customer experiences and increase profit. Our colleagues rely on us to ensure we are identifying the right problems to solve for our partners and then developing solutions that are system and user-centered. Depending on business needs, this role may have the opportunity to develop into management.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Strategic Impact
- Partner with product, design, engineering, sales, product marketing, and business development to influence Instacart’s Retailer strategy through research and business insights
- Drive research priorities and ensure insights answer critical product and business decisions across a mix of short and long term, evaluative and generative workstreams
- Utilize a wide range of storytelling techniques and communicate research insights in a clear, opinionated, and compelling way that influences and leads to action
- Establish best practices for conducting research with our retailers in partnership with product marketing and business development
- Research Excellence
- Develop a world class enterprise research practice by defining quality and best practices that allow us to maximize knowledge transfer from customers and internal stakeholders (e.g., sales) while ensuring that all research interactions add value to our business
- Immerse the broader Retailer organization in customer needs through advocacy, education, socialization of, and brainstorming around insights to drive impact
- 7+ years of research experience
- Strong experience and interest in both business-to-business and business-to-consumer research environments/applications
- Impact on company level product and business strategy through research insights
- Track record of influencing senior leaders including Directors and Senior Managers through clear communication and opinionated recommendations
- Deep understanding across a range of qualitative and quantitative methods
- Experience working within e-commerce, online marketplaces, groceries, or consumer tech a plus
- Experience mentoring or managing are a plus
- Degree in Psychology, Cognitive Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Design, Human Factors, Anthropology, a related field or the equivalent experience desired
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.