Senior Researcher, Consumer Insights at Calm
Who We Are:
At Calm, we have a simple, albeit BIG mission: to make the world a happier and healthier place. Through our website, blog, and app—filled with meditations, sleep stories, music, movement, and more—we’re redefining what mental care looks like in 2021 and beyond. With over 100 million users worldwide, 100,000 new users daily, and our growing partnerships with major companies, we’re having a positive effect on more and more people each and every day. And while the heart of Calm is digital, we are growing and expanding offline with a variety of products and services to help deliver on our mission of health and happiness, the world over.
What We Do:
Calm’s marketing team is working to lead the conversation around mental health and mindfulness. We’re curious about our consumers, their challenges, and how Calm can be a true tool for change. We are a highly cross-functional and collaborative team, developing work that sparks a cultural dialog, expands what Calm is in the minds of consumers, and makes meaningful connections to the brand across the globe.
What You’ll Do:
Calm is seeking a Senior Researcher to join our Consumer Insights team, which aspires to bring the objective voice of our consumers into all that we do. This is a new function at the company focused on uncovering deep insights about how to help people build happier and healthier lives - and more importantly - how Calm can uplevel what we do to meet their needs.
The Senior Researcher, Consumer Insights will report directly to the Director, Consumer Insights supporting various lines of our business across with research and insights. They will be responsible for jumping in on every stage of the research / insights process – designing and executing quantitative and qualitative research initiatives, as well as analyzing and synthesizing data, for key stakeholders. This person will also partner with our content and social teams to use best-in class research to help them define strategy, tell incredible stories, and develop world-class content marketing campaigns across the world.
The right candidate will be an excellent communicator and knowledgeable about a variety of qualitative and quantitative research methods, passionate about mental health and wellness, and comfortable in a fast-moving startup culture, excited to collaborate and motivated to drive a consumer-first agenda.
- Support the Marketing organization by designing and executing qualitative and quantitative research projects that will inform messaging, communication, and product development strategies with powerful insights that speak to the needs of our consumers
- Act as a partner and ally to our brand, content, and social teams, to understand their insights needs, then develop, execute, and deliver best-in-class research to address them
- Work closely with the Consumer Insights Director to deepen knowledge of our users and target audiences, through audience profiling and segmentation
- Prepare and present research findings to teams via thoughtful, clear and succinct research reports that provide actionable insights
- Participate in the fielding, analysis, and creation of brand tracking reports
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in a research/consumer insights department or market research agency
- Knows how to design a research project to meet the needs of the business question and can determine which methodology best serves the purpose
- Lives and breathes primary research (requires both qual and quant) and has extensive experience designing and executing studies with the ability to manage both
- Understands the consumer’s voice and how to turn what people say into actionable findings - in fact, has a proven track record of turning findings into thoughtful, holistic stories that get to the heart of the opportunities
- Loves rolling their sleeves up and diving into projects on their own while always looking to go beyond what is expected and deliver more
- Is comfortable prioritizing work across multiple requests and stakeholders to ensure that they have the greatest impact
- Knows when to be scrappy and when to hold the line on methodology
- Experience managing research in EMEA markets is preferred, but not required
We believe that mental health is health, and every person should be considered in the discussion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.