Senior Research Scientist at THREAD (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 10:01 a.m. (CST) on Wednesday, September 7, 2022
You are a patient-centered outcomes researcher looking for a new challenge that will make a real difference. By joining Modus Outcomes' qualitative team based in Cambridge, MA, you will be able to achieve your objectives and grow your career in a stimulating work environment.
We are looking for a (Senior) Research Scientist to join our US team who has experience working within the clinical outcome assessment/patient-centered outcomes field. They will lead research projects and contribute to the conduct of international patient-centered outcomes research projects. Our US team is based in Cambridge, MA. Ideally this candidate will be based in the Boston area, but for the right candidate, anywhere in the US is acceptable. The (Senior) Research Scientist works with all team members in the US, UK, and France; reporting to the US Team Lead.
- Research design and implementation: Contributes to study design, conduct, and analysis, including literature reviews, study document development, qualitative interviews and analysis, instrument development, contributes to development of recommendations, drafting of study reporting, attends client meetings, presents deliverables, critically applies best scientific methods in project implementation, presents scientific work in peer-reviewed journals and at professional meetings
- Project management: Manages client interactions, project scope, timelines, internal research team, project-related finances, legal/contracting issues (with support from other team members)
- Business development: Writes proposals (scope and timelines) develops budgets (with assistance)
- Leadership: Provides mentorship and training for junior staff
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- You are comfortable with MS Word, PPT, and Excel, and you have experience using qualitative coding software such as ATLAS.ti.
- You have an understanding of health outcomes research principles, including qualitative research methodology.
- Knowledge of practical research implementation.
- Excellent communication skills including professional presentations
- Ability to think critically and contribute successfully to peer-reviewed research.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- You have at least 3 years’ experience working within the space of patient-centered outcomes in consulting or the pharmaceutical industry.
- Master’s degree or PhD in related field required.
- Potential for long-hours sitting and working on a computer
“THREAD is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: THREAD is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at THREAD are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. THREAD will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. THREAD encourages applicants of all ages."
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job
The THREAD Platform is a proprietary solution enabling life science organizations to capture research data from participants data during, in-between, and in lieu of clinic visits. THREAD is a unique and cost-effective Software-as-a-Service solution for customers to configure, launch, and manage a decentralized clinical study. A decentralized clinical study is comparable to a traditional clinical research study but with a virtual approach, the data is collected without the patient needing to visit a clinic for a face-to-face visit with the principal investigator or other study staff. The data is collected directly from participants via a study-specific THREAD mobile application and/or website with a variety of activities included (I.e. ePRO, surveys, eDRO, etc.), external sensors worn by the participant and/or research site team data entry via a THREAD web interface (I.e. telehealth, eDC, etc.). Learn more at www.THREADresearch.com.
We are a growing, innovative technology company making a difference in healthcare by changing how patients participate in clinical research.
Join us today...
More Information on THREAD
THREAD operates in the Healthtech industry. The company is located in Cary, NC. THREAD was founded in 2012. It has 206 total employees. To see all 2 open jobs at THREAD, click here.
Read Full Job Description