Senior Research Data Analyst at Kos Media (Remote)
Civiqs is the leading online scientific polling platform and a division of Kos Media LLC . Civiqs has been conducting surveys online since 2014. Every day, Civiqs polls thousands of people across the United States on politics, culture, and current affairs. With years of daily responses on a huge array of questions, Civiqs maintains one of the largest databases of public opinion in the United States. The scale and quality of Civiqs' public opinion data, and its online survey panel, is unmatched in the survey industry.
We are hiring an experienced and results-driven Senior Research Data Analyst to join our team. As Senior Research Data Analyst you will be responsible for conducting surveys and producing results and analysis that are delivered to clients, media partners, and the public. Alongside a research team of statisticians and developers, you will perform all aspects of public opinion research: develop a deep understanding of the Civiqs Panel, construct survey requirements, design survey samples, analyze response patterns, interpret results, and perform weighting, modeling, and other statistical procedures common to public opinion survey research.
In this role, the analyst is critical to Civiqs' mission of accurately measuring, interpreting, and communicating public opinion research findings. The analyst's responsibilities will ensure that high research standards are being met at all times, and that survey projects are completed accurately and on time. The position requires a high degree of technical and survey research expertise, combined with excellent communication skills.
We have an energized team of survey researchers with diverse backgrounds and skill sets. If you love working with lots of data and are interested in a challenge--we'd like to hear from you. Come join our team and guide the future of public opinion research using the Civiqs panel!
- Design and create survey samples, and field surveys
- Monitor the survey interview and data-gathering process
- Devise and calculate survey weights
- Produce original analysis of survey results
- Communicate research findings in cross-tabular reports, advisory memos, newsletters, and presentation materials
- Develop survey engineering products and provide input on improving research quality
- Contribute to public-facing Civiqs products, including social media content
- 3+ years professional experience conducting and managing public opinion surveys including implementing sampling and weighting
- Hands-on experience producing quantitative research findings and reports for internal and external audiences
- Responsibility for writing advisory or descriptive reports for clients or the public
- Applied experience in statistical programming for survey data or other large data systems
- Professional experience or advanced coursework in survey methodology and survey statistics
- Experience conducting scientific survey research including: sampling, questionnaire design, weighting, and cross-tabular analysis
- Strong attention to detail in quantitative analysis and reporting
- Knowledge of statistical programming in R or Python
- Knowledge of database programming using SQL
- Excellent communication skills; the ability to convey technical concepts to a non-technical audience, both in writing and verbally
- Interest in campaigns or politics is a plus
- Comfortable with a virtual working environment
- Be tech and internet savvy: we use Slack, Dropbox, Asana, Zoom, and lots of other tools that make work life easier
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in social science or related quantitative field or equivalent experience
Salary Range: $80,000 - $100,000
This position is a 40 hour/week, full-time exempt position and is supervised by Civiqs' Director of Research. This position is based out of either our Oakland, CA or Washington, DC offices or remote within the US. Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States. The position offers a flexible work environment, the ability to work remotely or from home, competitive salary, excellent benefits including: full medical, dental and vision benefits, 401K with a 5% company match, remote worker stipend, professional development stipend, company-paid holidays, a generous vacation package, traumatic grief leave, as well as employer-paid parental/family leave. Our organizational commitment to personal growth and work-life balance reduces churn and encourages a very rewarding long term position.
At Civiqs, we believe that the diversity of ideas, experiences and cultures that our employees contribute to our organization help us be more effective in our work, and we are proud to be an inclusive and equal-opportunity workplace. The atmosphere in our office is energized by the day's news events, and people united by common cause. We're a company that loves learning and supports growth and training for all our employees.
Women, people of color and LGBTQIA individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.