Senior Regulatory Compliance Analyst at Circle (Remote)
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 53+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.9+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Circle’s SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising and capital formation to startups and growth companies. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
As part of the Compliance Programs team, you will help to create a central global function focused on developing a best in class compliance management system, which will support all regional and core compliance team functions. This team is responsible for compliance risk management through a combination of development, assessment and oversight of key compliance programs throughout Circle.
Specifically, as a key second line of defense role, you will be responsible for supporting the strategy, development and implementation of Circle’s regulatory compliance program. This position will work with the business and compliance/risk peers to ensure Circle’s business complies with applicable laws, rules, and regulations. You will provide oversight, identify risks, and keep the broader team informed of Circle’s regulatory initiatives.
What you'll work on:
- Support cross functional initiatives to track global laws, rules and regulations that could potentially impact Circle.
- Assist with the development and implementation of Circle’s regulatory change management program.
- Partner with cross functional stakeholders to document and maintain Circle’s compliance control inventory.
- Support cross functional market expansion initiatives to acquire licenses in new jurisdictions/regions.
- Participate in projects and/or activities that ensure compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Review existing, proposed and/or new laws, rules and regulations for all regions to identify potential gaps and implementation opportunities.
- Analyze and engage Legal and other stakeholders on the impact of new laws, rules and regulations for all regions.
- Assist regional Heads of Compliance in ensuring that all regulatory processes are scalable and remain compliant.
- Manage and perform ongoing regulatory risk assessments.
- Proactively communicate regulatory changes with the wider compliance team to ensure risks are identified and mitigated.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- 4+ years relevant experience in compliance, regulatory or related discipline.
- Detailed knowledge and experience in regulatory compliance program implementation and ongoing maintenance.
- Compliance experience in either depository or non-depository financial institution, consulting, or cryptocurrency required. Experience in a RegTech or Fintech company is preferred.
- Strong communication (written and verbal), planning and project management skills.
- Establishes trust and collaboration with cross-functional stakeholders and team members in a virtual environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent ability to investigate, analyze, and interpret data as well as state and federal regulations.
- Demonstrated understanding of and passion for harnessing the power of digital currency and blockchain technology and services built on top of it.
- Experience working hands-on with other cross-functional team leaders, such as lawyers, engineers, product managers, data analysts, operations analysts in improving compliance processes and systems.
- Experience and comfort working in an ever-changing industry and the flexibility to quickly react to changing demands.
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.#LI-Remote