Senior Product Analyst at Intuit Credit Karma (Charlotte, NC)
Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
The Credit Ecosystem team is the beating heart of Credit Karma! We’re responsible for building and maintaining the international data platform used to power real-time user experiences and transforming data used for feature engineering. The work we do is challenging but rewarding as we empower product and data engineering with credit data. We want to grow with and learn from you!
We’re seeking a driven, results-oriented, problem solver to join the team. In this role, you will use your analytical and strategic experience to understand credit data and its usages, create data-driven business recommendations that drive key product decisions, and deepen relations with our partners (some of the largest financial institutions in the world). This role has high visibility and will contribute meaningfully to Credit Karma’s growth in delivering value for our members and partners.
What you’ll do:
- Leverage internal and external data to develop business recommendations that generate value for Credit Karma and our partners
- Perform exploratory analysis to generate hypotheses, identify gaps, and size opportunities
- Partner closely with security, legal, data science and business intelligence teams to help the company adhere to data policies and data standards for credit data
- Configure, operate and develop manual and/or automated methods, processes and procedures to test output or input based on data compliance requirements
- Champion credit data; document, educate and teach your colleagues about credit data and its usage at Credit Karma
- Unlike some analytics functions, you are not a service provider. You’re a thought leader to the business, owning end-to-end analytic work streams, defining success and performance metrics, and delivering actionable insights and recommendations for cross functional groups and partners
Minimum Basic Requirement:
- 4+ years of analytics experience and BS/MS in Math, Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Data Science, or Finance
- 2+ years of experience with SQL
- Experience in financial services, including fintech or consulting
- Experience with credit data
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Looker/Tableau for insight synthesis and presentation
- Experience with software development, especially in building automation
- Ability to communicate qualitative and quantitative results clearly, succinctly and confidently in verbal and written communications
- Strong problem-solver able to identify opportunities for growth or improvement to advance the goals of our both our partners and our business
- Ability to independently thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
- Ability to work cross functionally and assert influence internally/externally
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance or similar ordinances.
COVID-19 update: Protecting the health of our employees and the candidates interested in a career at Credit Karma is our top priority. We appreciate your understanding and being open and flexible with any changes related to our interviewing process. Moving forward, all new hires are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to share proof of that status prior to their first day of onboarding. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons, we will explore potential reasonable accommodations; however, Credit Karma may not be able to grant such accommodations in all cases.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies:
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)