Senior Principal Data Management at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
What You’ll Do
Responsible for partnering with the business to understand data management needs. Provides the detailed design and documentation of operational and analytical databases. Partners with the business and technology teams on the design through implementation to ensure solutions meet business requirements.
How You’ll Do It
- Supports data management initiatives and enforces data management standards.
- Partners with the business and technology teams to complete business initiatives.
- Reports progress and statuses to management.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology
- 6+ years of experience in data management and solutions
- In lieu of a degree, 15+ years of experience with solid understanding of Data Management concepts including metadata management, Data Quality, Data governance, and Data Modeling. Experience gathering data requirements and performing complex data analysis is required. Ability to engage effectively with business and technical partners, understand business data requirements and translate to actionable solutions is key. Experience driving adoption of data capabilities across business and technology groups and enabling data literacy required.
Bonus Points If You Have
- Master's degree in Information Technology
- 8+ years of experience in Information management and data analysis
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.