LivePerson is a transformational force in how brands and consumers communicate. With over 18,000 brands, including HSBC, Disney, Verizon, and Home Depot, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted Conversational AI. We believe in a future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled - whatever they are.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth minded, unconventional thinkers, developers and builders to join the team.
You will thrive here if:
- You can operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- You nerd out about AI, how it can be applied, or how you can learn more about it (don’t worry we’ll help)
- You believe data-led decision making is the norm
- You see feedback or failure as motivation to learn and to grow
- You relate to our core principles (link) and want to work with experts in their respective fields
As LivePerson’s Senior Pricing Scientist, you drive our pricing strategy to grow LivePerson’s revenue and deliver value to our customers. You derive your insights and recommendations through rigorous data-driven modeling paired with close collaboration with our marketing, sales, and product leadership. You also get involved directly in some of our deals to generate new ideas and stay close to the customer.
You ensure that any recommendations you provide are highly actionable and can easily be explained to internal and external audiences. Finally, you build on top of our unit economics models, allowing for an even more reliable view of margins at the product and customer level paired with actionable recommendations for the sales, marketing, and product teams.
In this role you will:
- Rapidly immerse yourself in our billing and usage data, and learn about our products.
- In collaboration with our strategic pricing leader you develop a pricing strategy that aligns with our revenue and adoption goals and is enthusiastically received by the leadership within months of onboarding.
- you socialize the strategy and ensure cross organizational buy-in by partnering with our strategic pricing leader,
- Further, you share usage insights with our sales, product, and marketing teams to influence strategic decisions across the company.
- Finally, you conduct quarterly executive level reviews on pricing performance and provide go forward recommendations.
Your qualifications are:
- 5+ Years of experience delivering and implementing pricing strategy in the software industry (SaaS) with deep knowledge of pros and cons of various SaaS based pricing strategies
- A proven track-record of developing trusted relationships with executives and working effectively across functional boundaries
- Solid experience in statistics, and causal inference
- Proficiency in translating business objectives into models that lead to actionable recommendations
- Ability to write Python code that is efficient and clean (SQL expected)
- Master in Economics, Marketing with Pricing Focus, Statistics or similar. Ph.D. strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to independently uncover insights and relationships across numerous datasets
Why you’ll love working here:
LivePerson was named to FastCompany’s World’s most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. We offer top tier tech & data science colleagues, along with opportunities to push your own limits. We embrace invention and experimentation. You’ll have great benefits, flexible time off. Most importantly, you’ll have an ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.