Senior Ops Technology Analyst at FIS
We are FIS. Our technology powers the world's economy and our teams bring innovation to life. We champion diversity to deliver the best products and solutions for our colleagues, clients and communities. If you're ready to start learning, growing and making an impact with a career in fintech, we'd like to know: Are you FIS?
About the role
The FIS Government Solutions team runs the Electronic Benefit Transfer platform that helps majority of the USStates to manage their EBT programs to distribute Food and Cash benefits to their citizens. This platform has multiple components built on various technologies and continuously being enhanced to meet the customer needs as well as the current industry trends, practices and regulations. Our business leverages both agile and waterfall models to develop and deploy applications into customer environments.
About the team:
At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
What you will be doing:
- Develop and support a variety of applications in one or more technology platforms with very high quality standards.
- Analyze business and product requirements, prepare and document high level and detailed designs for impacted areas.
- Conducts planning, analysis and forecasting activities to plan projects and tasks.
- May participate in component and data architecture design, performance monitoring, product evaluation and buy vs. build recommendations.
- Work very closely with the business and product teams to define and design new products and enhance existing functions.
- Work with Project Management, Change management, QC/certification teams, Production control and customer service teams for assigned projects.
- Suggests technical alternatives and improves/streamlines processes and systems.
- Troubleshoot, analyze and fix the production bugs
- Available for on-call support
- Acquire high level knowledge on all areas of product and understand the dependencies.
- Good team player and ability to collaborate well with other team members.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you need:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology or engineering or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Experience in developing, installing and supporting a business application with more than 10,000 of users in a cloud-based environment.
- Hands on work experience in Microsoft Azure or AWS platforms for a minimum of 3 years.
- Strong programming experience in working with Open System environment with J2EE, Struts, Spring and other related frameworks.
Added bonus if you have:
- Experience in EBT/WIC or financial services /electronic card industry is preferred.
- Experience in the role of Production support / 24 X 7 on- call / DevOps in supporting an application used by 10,000 users.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
What we offer you:
At FIS, you can learn, grow and make an impact in your career. Our benefits include:
- Flexible and creative work environment
- Diverse and collaborative atmosphere
- Professional and personal development resources
- Opportunities to volunteer and support charities
- Competitive salary and benefits
All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 on or before December 31, 2021. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.