Do you have a passion for examining complex data and turning it into useful information and insights? Do you love finding the next big 'aha' insight which changes the way a business thinks about their customers? Would you like to drive real change with global impact at the world's hottest SaaS company?
Atlassian is looking for Sr. Data Scientist to join our Marketing Analytics team supporting Atlassian's new products under Point A . We're seeking someone with strong business instincts and analytics mastery, who is passionate about applying these skills to drive smarter data decisions and ultimately, delight our customers. You will be responsible for building success reporting from the ground up for Atlassian's next generation of teamwork tools. You'll do this by partnering with the 'CMO' of each new product to understand the business to define KPIs and develop data-driven insights and recommendations. Atlassian is a fast-paced, growth-oriented work environment and there are plentiful chances to create impact in this role.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Act as the analytics partner to product and product marketing teams
- Develop comprehensive program and product views of Point A go-to-market performance by defining user journeys, measuring product performance and making strategic recommendations for improvement
- Design and implement reporting dashboards to track performance trends and provide measurable insights to both executive leadership and marketing teams
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- You have a bachelor or higher degree, or its equivalent, in a quantitative field (e.g. mathematics, computer science, economics)
- You have demonstrated experience applying analytics skills to drive projects which have had proven impact to strategic decisions
- You have a strong ability to communicate and can explain complex concepts to diverse audiences and crafting compelling stories
- You use excellent judgment and sharp business instincts to prioritize competing asks
- You have familiarity with a broad set of topics and disciplines within marketing analytics (e.g. campaign attribution/effectiveness, web tracking, customer lifecycle marketing)
- You write advanced SQL with a preference for well-architected data models, optimized query performance, and clearly documented code
- You are proficient in at least one programming language (e.g. Python, R) as well as a visualization & business intelligence platform (e.g. Tableau, Looker, Mode)
It's great, but not required if you have:
- Experience working on new product launches
- Experience using statistical and machine learning methods to build descriptive and predictive models
- Previously worked in global teams and high growth companies
- Experience within B2B marketing, growth, or sales analytics working with a field sales team
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.