Do you have a passion for crafting products and insights with data? Do you love finding the next big 'aha' that changes the way a business thinks about their customers? Would you like to drive real change with global impact at the HQ of the world's hottest SaaS company?
We'd love you to join us!
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist, Partnerships, to join our Marketing Analytics team. We're seeking someone with strong business instincts, creativity and analytics mastery who is passionate about applying these skills to build data and analytics foundations that drive smarter product decisions and ultimately delight our customers.
Partnerships, specifically technology partners, are industry peers with products that complement the Atlassian product suite. Through integrations that unlock combined use cases, our customers are able to accomplish more with their teams from these 'better together' capabilities. You'll be responsible for working with our Marketing, Partnerships, and Product Integrations teams to measure success of rich partnerships and integrations between Atlassian products and popular services such as AWS, Slack, Zoom, Okta, Google, Microsoft, and others (examples appear in Atlassian's recent investor letter ). These partnerships help drive customer acquisition and growth and you'll play a pivotal role in the company's future success.
In this role you'll get to:
- Develop comprehensive program views of go-to-market performance by defining customer journeys, measuring partnership performance and making strategic recommendations for improvement
- Collaborate with analytics and product leaders to identify high impact opportunities for analysis and align analytics & data science priorities with the company strategy and marketing roadmap
- Drive the measurement culture and understand the impact our partnership marketing strategy
- Envision, scope, and execute projects by collaborating with partners, customer research, data engineers and other analysts
- Share your high-quality insights and recommendations to various levels of leadership to drive critical business decisions
- Be part of building an outstanding analytics culture at Atlassian. Lead by example, through education and creation of self-service tools, to make a lasting change in how your partners use data to make decisions
On the first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Proven experience applying your analytics skills to projects which have had a positive impact to company level business decisions
- An agile development mentality, appreciating the benefit of constant iteration and improvement
- A very high bar for output quality, balancing "having something now" vs. "perfection in the future"
- Strong ability to communicate, explaining complex concepts to diverse audiences, and crafting compelling stories
- Familiarity working with Product Marketing, Customer Research and Data Engineering teams
- Expertise in data manipulation and statistical programming languages (e.g. SQL, R, Python), and knowledge of cloud data environments (e.g. AWS)
- Experience in using statistics as part of your role (e.g. regressions, A/B tests, forecasting)
- Proficiency in at least one visualization tool (e.g. Tableau, R-Shiny)
- A degree in a quantitative field (e.g. statistics, mathematics, physics, econometrics, or computer science)
It's great, but not required, if you have:
- Previously worked in global teams and high growth companies
- An understanding of B2B marketing, business model and metrics
- Exposure to two-sided marketplaces
- Experience in customer and/or product analytics, particularly in delivering outputs which can be used to advance analytics projects across an organization
- Experience in building ETL pipelines using any tools or scripting languages
- Are an active member of the broader analytics and data science community
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .