Senior Manager - Data Science at Flock Safety (Remote)
Eliminate Crime. Build Community.
Flock Safety provides a public safety operating system that empowers private communities and law enforcement to work together to eliminate crime. We are committed to protecting human privacy and mitigating bias in policing with the development of best-in-class technology rooted in ethical design, which unites civilians and public servants in pursuit of a safer, more equitable society.
Our Safety-as-a-Service approach includes affordable devices powered by LTE and solar that can be installed anywhere. Our technology detects and captures objective details, decodes evidence in real-time and delivers investigative leads into the hands of those who matter.
While safety is a serious business, we are a supportive team that is optimizing the remote experience to create strong and fun relationships even when we are physically apart. Our flock of hard-working employees thrive in a positive and inclusive environment, where a bias towards action is rewarded. Flock Safety is headquartered in Atlanta and operates nationwide. We are well funded by Meritech Capital, Initialized Capital, YCombinator, Matrix Partners, BedRock Capital, and Founders Fund - and we're scaling quickly.
About the opportunity
As Senior Manager - Data Science, you will lead cross-departmental projects to explore, mine, and analyze data, and leverage it using advanced analytical techniques to prescribe solutions to critical business problems.
How You’ll Take Flight With Flock
- Lead efforts around analyses on large datasets using statistical and AI techniques to derive insights
- Design and build seamless decision support tools that leverage advanced analytical techniques
- Understand and augment key data sources to be leveraged in decision making
- Work with teams from across the business to execute on data and analytics needs to help them better understand tactical and strategic opportunities
- Work directly with senior leadership to understand opportunities to drive value, and lead end-to-end design and implementation of insights and solutions
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or related field, or equivalent industry experience
- 5+ years proven experience as a data scientist, ML engineer, or BI engineer
- 3+ years leading projects and managing other analysts or data scientists
- Strong experience using Python and its core AI/ML/OR packages
- Strong SQL and data processing skills
- Strong experience modeling data to drive analytics
- Experience in Tableau
- Ability to communicate and drive for solutions to complex and abstract problems
- Effectively communicate, and seek to understand and be understood
Why join the Flock?
When you join the Flock, you are joining a diverse team of passionate, ambitious, intelligent people that put team over self. We offer competitive salary (commensurate with experience), equity in the company, take what you need vacation policy, and the opportunity to grow your career at a fast-paced, high growth mission-driven startup. We genuinely care about the well-being of our employees both in and out of the office and understand the importance of work/life balance. We’d love for you to join us in the fight to eliminate crime, one community at a time.