Senior Manager - Data Science Platforms at American Express (Phoenix, AZ)
| Phoenix – Mesa – Scottsdale, AZ
Sorry, this job was removed at 2:57 a.m. (CST) on Thursday, February 2, 2023
You Lead the Way. We've Got Your Back.At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we're supporting our customers' financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what's possible - and we're proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every dayJob Description We are looking for a highly motivated individual with hands-on experience in machine learning model development and implementation on hybrid/public cloud platforms, to lead the design and launch of next generation Machine Learning Platform in the Public Cloud. You will work at the intersection of model development, technology engineering and product development, collaborating with Data Science community to gather the needs and requirements and synthesize them into product roadmap and partner closely with technology engineering and other stakeholders on the execution and delivery of this platform. You will drive the adoption of new capabilities, bring industry best practices and identify key results driving platform strategy.Responsibilities:
- Drive the vision and strategy for next generation AI/ML platform on Cloud
- Develop and execute on the roadmap to build end-to-end cloud-native AI/ML modeling journeys to accelerate the model development cycle for complex, enterprise scale models
- Own end-to-end modeling journeys in the cloud; develop and host training to increase the awareness and adoption of platform capabilities by Data Science community
- Lead platform innovation through research and experimentation of new and relevant AI/ML cloud capabilities, accelerators and services, and lead their integration into modeling journeys to derive significant impacts for our customers
- Collaborate with Data Science practitioners across the enterprise to host focus group sessions and surveys to gather needs; analyze and synthesize them into product features and user journeys
- Own product backlog, define, refine and prioritize product features and work with platform engineering team to build and rollout of the features to modeling community
- Active management of stakeholder needs and expectations, product communication and feedback and build a thriving modeling community around the platform
- Partner closely with next-generation Cloud Data and Analytics Platform team on integration of AI Platform in the cloud and influence all important aspects of the platform's architecture, Compute (GPU, CPUs), scalability, implementation, operation as well as optimization
- Identify and track key success metrics for the ML Platform and provide periodic updates to stakeholders and leadership on progress and milestones for the platform build
- Masters or PhD degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related field.
- More than 3 years of hands-on experience in development and implementation of machine learning, deep learning models in hybrid/public cloud environments
- Experience developing data products, technologies and platforms
- Experience with Public Cloud technologies such as AWS or Google Cloud
- Big Data framework such as Hadoop, Hive, Scala, Python, and Kubernetes
- Excellent communication skills: Ability to translate technical and analytical metrics into simple content and present to business partners as well as senior leadership.
- Strength in meeting objectives through influence, facilitation, and team building
- Comfortable in working with and managing relationships across the enterprise (including negotiation and influencing skills).
- Strategic thinker with ability to craft plans to multiple stakeholders and operate effectively within the dynamic organization.
- Comfortable working across locations and time zones, with both co-located and remote team members
More Information on American Express
American Express operates in the Financial Services industry. The company is located in New York, NY and New York, NY. American Express was founded in 1850. It has 100703 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Health insurance and Life insurance. To see all 35 open jobs at American Express, click here.
Read Full Job Description