Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we're changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We're a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we're at the forefront. We're proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people's lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
The Marketing Data Science (MDS) team is looking to add a Senior Manager who will help shape Credit Card targeting decisions and strategy. The Senior Manager will be working closely with cross functional teams such as Marketing, Business Units, Compliance, Product & Finance Partners to build and grow SoFi Credit Card into a top choice for consumers to "Get Your Money Right".
You will be subject matter expert on Credit Card Acquisitions Strategy and have demonstrated experience in Pre-screening/Pre-approval acquisition strategy; credit bureau data; consumer profile and behavior; revenue economics; optimizing onboarding experience; and our internal customer performance and marketing datasets. You will also contribute to building audience segmentation, models and solutions that spans across acquisition, attribution, forecasting, and budget allocation across our marketing channels.
What you'll do:
- Build and lead a high performing team of data scientist and institute a data-driven culture for targeted acquisition growth in Credit Card
- Be a trusted advisor to our credit card marketing team and leadership on what drives marketing performance, and provide guidance on how to accelerate our growth and impact on SoFi's long-term plan
- Define and execute on a vision for the MDS CC analytics team, making the difficult tradeoffs necessary to ensure on-time deliverables and high-quality work product where it will have the highest impact
- Drive the evolution of SoFi's Credit Card acquisition strategy, including pre-screen/pre-approval marketing/offer strategy, profitable product growth, segmentation strategy and audience optimization; spanning across multiple channels; and developed in partnership with cross-functional teams
- Lead analytical efforts in an unstructured environment to identify key insight that can impact efficiency and scalability of credit card acquisitions across the marketing team, including direct mail, digital, addressable/broadcast TV, and Brand
- Own end-to-end Credit Card acquisition strategy, experimentation and roadmap; and manage regulatory, compliance and audit alignment associated with Credit Card marketing
- Translate business goals into actionable tactics and campaigns informed by data that deliver short term results and build foundational platform for long term growth
- Work with cross functional stakeholders across Marketing, Business Unit, Risk, Finance, Product and Engineering to identify strategic opportunities, measure KPIs to craft compelling stories, make data-driven recommendations, and drive informed actions.
- Synthesize data into succinct presentations that influence senior management decision making
- You stay focused on what's best for the company - sometimes that requires being flexible, other times it requires being steadfast.
What you'll need:
- At least 3+ years in people leadership and management experience
- 10+ years of professional experience in business analytics (consulting to external clients and/or internal business partners), with a focus on credit card marketing, risk, business operations, or strategy
- Deep expertise in Credit Card Industry, product economics and Marketing strategy is highly desired
- Bachelor's degree required (Masters preferred) in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering or quantitative field.
- Ability to coach analysts to translate data into actionable business recommendations and distill findings in a way that non-technical and non-marketing teammates will understand
- Proven ability to prioritize between the short-term demands and long-term needs of credit card portfolio
- Track record of delivering impact. Can both develop but also help implement solutions to ambitious problems
- Intellectual curiosity and aptitude to pick up new technical skills
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- High EQ with ability to influence outcomes and communicate technical content to general audiences
- Strong programming skills in SQL, Python and proficiency in Tableau
- Experience with experimentation and hypothesis testing
- Knowledge of statistical modeling or machine learning is preferred but not a requirement
- Ability to work in a dynamic, cross-functional environment, with strong attention to detail
- Strong relationship building and collaborative skills
Compensation and Benefits
The base pay range for this role is listed below. Final base pay offer will be determined based on individual factors such as the candidate's experience, skills, and location.
To view all of our comprehensive and competitive benefits, visit our Benefits at SoFi page!
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
New York applicants: Notice of Employee Rights
SoFi is committed to embracing diversity. As part of this commitment, SoFi offers reasonable accommodations to candidates with physical or mental disabilities. If you need accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, please let your recruiter know or email [email protected].
Due to insurance coverage issues, we are unable to accommodate remote work from Hawaii or Alaska at this time.
If you are a current employee, do not apply here - please navigate to our Internal Job Board in Greenhouse to apply to our open roles.