Senior Manager, Data Engineering at Credit Karma
Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
What you’ll do:
- You will lead an engineering team that is responsible for building, deploying and supporting key components of Credit Karma’s personalization platform. Your responsibilities include optimizing our members’ experience for offers and other content for a variety of verticals and channels. The role will require building positive relationships and collaboration with data science teams that construct machine learning models for personalization to drive engagement and revenue growth.
Minimum Basic Requirement:
- Experience managing 7-10 employees
- 3+ years of Management experience
- Leadership skills and has remained technical
- Experience with Recommender Systems or an adjacent area, such as Ad Tech or similar highly scalable Machine Learning platforms
- Experience with planning and running complex initiatives and goals
- Developing teams that are Mission Critical
- Leading teams with massive scalability requirements
- Experience leading and balancing complex systems within machine learning platforms
- Knowledge of Personalization - Recommender Systems that personalize the system
- Managing to Service Level Objectives
- Leading teams that are responsible for the backend of a site that requires high availability, low latency, robustness against errors, and achieving these goals with attention to detail
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance or similar ordinances.
COVID-19 update: Protecting the health of our employees and the candidates interested in a career at Credit Karma is our top priority. We appreciate your understanding and being open and flexible with any changes related to our interviewing process. Moving forward, all new hires are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to share proof of that status prior to their first day of onboarding. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons, we will explore potential reasonable accommodations; however, Credit Karma may not be able to grant such accommodations in all cases.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies:
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)