Senior Manager, Competitive Intelligence (Remote Eligible) at Smartsheet
Want to make an impact in a high-velocity business transforming the way people work? Tens of thousands of brands and over 90% of Fortune 100 companies trust Smartsheet to help them work more efficiently, do more with less, and innovate at lightning speed.
Smartsheet is looking for an experienced product marketing leader to define and execute our competitive intelligence strategy, working closely with sales, product, marketing, and corporate development teams. You will report to the Director of Product Marketing and lead an experienced team of competitive intelligence experts to monitor the competitive landscape, drive competitive research, shape our competitive positioning and support cross-functional partners with critical insights and analysis.
This important and highly visible role is remote eligible or can be based in our corporate offices in Bellevue, WA or Boston, MA.
- Lead and inspire a team of competitive intelligence experts, ensuring they have clear goals and responsibilities. Provide coaching and guidance to help them excel, and provide constructive feedback where necessary
- Define and execute competitive intelligence programs to drive internal understanding and inform product strategy
- Deliver or support the delivery of competitive analysis presentations to our executive leadership team and board of directors
- Prioritize and support a pipeline of competitive sales opportunities to maximize revenue won
- Create and maintain compete collateral, including battlecards, product comparisons, sales playbooks, and customer-facing content
- Work cross-departmentally with multiple teams to develop self-service educational content, including delivering competitive training in partnership with our Sales Enablement team
- Support other responsibilities as needed
- Experience leading and coaching teams, and working cross-functionally with marketing, sales and product teams
- 5+ years of experience, preferably marketing cloud / B2B SaaS solutions, with previous experience in a competitive intelligence role
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and presentation skills with demonstrated experience presenting to a senior executive audience
- Strong relationship building and collaboration skills; ability to influence others and drive decisions
- Strong analytical skills and experience analyzing market trends, competitive products, messaging and tactics to provide actionable recommendations
- Proven experience developing customer-facing marketing and/or sales collateral
- Smartsheet product experience (preferred)
Perks & Benefits:
- HSA, 100% employer-paid premiums, or Buy-up medical/vision and dental coverage options for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!