Senior Manager, Business Intelligence at Cox Enterprises (Atlanta, GA)
Cox Automotive is currently looking for a Senior Manager, Business Intelligence to support our Retail Solutions team. You must reside in the Eastern Time Zone or Central Time Zone in the United States. If you reside in the Atlanta area, you will go into the office at least one day/week. If you reside outside of the Atlanta area, the position is remote, work-from-home.
The Senior Manager, Business Intelligence specializes in Listings, Advertisement, product analysis, and Marketing Campaigns, contributing to Sales, Marketing, and Consumer Insights within Cox Automotive's Retail Consumer Solutions. This role empowers sales teams to approach the market with consultative strategies and assists internal stakeholders in unearthing insights and optimizations. The position demands the ability to extract relevant insights from raw data and communicate compelling narratives to executive audiences. Reporting to the Director of Dealer Sales Analytics (DSA), this individual contributor leads, and advises, the Data Foundations team and leads the development of insights. The role supports Sales, Marketing, Product, and Analytics peer groups, aligns with the roadmap and strategies to grow Sales opportunities, and collaborates with peers within DSA to provide analytics and insights for various solutions and programs.
- Act as a technical leader, consultant, and trusted advisor for Cox Automotive, representing the entire spectrum of its data offerings across T1-T3 and vehicle ownership.
- Transform analyses into product/industry case studies and best practices tailored for executive client audiences.
- Lead and support the Data Foundations team in designing and developing ETL workflows, Business Intelligence Solutions, and standardized processes to enhance efficiency.
- Drive the standardization of processes, methods, tools, data metrics, and KPIs by leveraging business process knowledge and data expertise.
- Develop innovative strategies to address intricate business challenges and illustrate how Cox Auto's media solutions can provide effective solutions.
- Provide consultation and influence as a Subject Matter Expert to drive extensive business success.
- Collaborate with the Sales team to deliver pertinent solutions to clients and bridge data to actionable insights.
- Support Sales/Market by furnishing external clients with essential data.
- Deliver analyses and insights to Dealer and Sales teams, adeptly handling follow-ups and inquiries.
- Collaborate on proprietary and secondary data across Cox Automotive to formulate strategic frameworks and POVs.
- Lead the team in applying various statistical models to offer descriptive and predictive insights.
- Demonstrate proficiency in working with raw data, transforming it into visually appealing, presentation-ready formats.
- Explore and incorporate new data sources to craft customized challenger sales presentations, program recaps, solution recommendations, and optimization strategies.
- Execute Proofs of Concepts based on Sales and Client feedback.
- Contribute to making Cox Auto powered by Consumer Solutions products a comprehensive one-stop solution.
- Oversee a team of Data Engineers as the Business Intelligence Leader, with responsibilities including:
- Managing Data Engineers, supervising tasks related to Alteryx workflows, data loads, FTP transfers, and retention workflows.
- Collaborating closely with DSA's Data Engineers to facilitate the development and maintenance of the Power BI dashboard and reporting platform, ensuring accurate and timely delivery of insights.
- Providing critical support to Pricing and Finance teams by creating and maintaining vital reports.
- Engaging in requirements gathering and backlog management, working closely with stakeholders and DSA team members to collect enhancement requests and new data feed requirements, and managing the backlog of requests, prioritizing development efforts.
- May involve up to 10% travel.
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline and 8 years' relevant analytics experience. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master's degree and 6 years' experience; a Ph.D. and 3 years' experience in a related field; or 12 years' experience in a related field.
- Demonstrated leadership in managing data engineering teams, with a minimum of 3+ years of experience in team leadership.
- Proficiency in Web analytics, Performance analytics (GA4, PixAll), Alteryx, and SQL for scheduling and workflows, coupled with expertise in report development using Power BI.
- Mastery of various tools, encompassing Power BI, Snowflake query, Alteryx, PixAll, Data Engineering/ETL techniques, and report design methodologies.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational capabilities.
- Proven experience in leading cross-functional analytic projects.
- Track record of collaboration on complex analytics projects that involve cross-functional teams.
- Self-motivated and driven.
- Possesses the physical capability and mental acuity required to successfully perform duties within specified timeframes.
- Automotive experience.
- Master's degree.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What's more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses - which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications - is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.