Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
As our Business Analytics Manager, you will lead Opendoor’s company-wide business intelligence and analytics function. You will be responsible for managing a dedicated team of data analysts and be trusted with continuing to grow and uplevel the team. You will work cross-functionally with Operations, Product, and Engineering to drive impactful decisions with metrics, dashboards, and analyses. If you have experience managing an analytics team and are excited about applying data-driven strategies to a category-defining business, we’d love to hear from you!
In this role, you will:
- Partner with Operations and Product leaders to improve our business outcomes with measurements and analytics
- Manage and coach a capable team of 5+ data analysts with culture of excellence
- Continue to scale the team to 10+ via rapid hiring to become the trusted business intelligence platform
- Collaborate with Analytics Platform, Advanced Analytics, and other Data Science teams to build Opendoor’s long-term analytics excellence
- Operate on multiple levels: From engaging on strategic questions and projects to helping analysts work through challenging data and analytical problems
We're looking for teammates who have:
- 5+ years of analytical work experience with 2+ years managing an analytics team
- Exceptional business judgment to craft analysis plans that prove or disprove hypotheses, especially to understand not just the “what” (“what’s happening in our business?”) but the “so what” (“why does this matter and what is it telling us about potential next steps?”)
- Strong quantitative, problem-solving, and technical writing background, including the ability to directly execute end-to-end analysis plans, support junior team members in troubleshooting SQL or Tableau, and hands-on data visualization abilities to help your team highlight insights via data-driven storytelling.
- Strong people management abilities and collaborative instincts, working across all of our regions, all levels, and all functions of the organization: our leadership team, our GMs, our city operations teams, our product managers, and others
- Strong customer focus with an understanding that we exist, first and foremost, to serve a customer need — selling a home is stressful and emotional, affecting our customers’ largest asset
More About Us:
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness:
Read Full Job Description