Senior Machine Learning Test Engineer at Elementary (Remote)
Our team of 40 is growing fast with plans to double in the next 6 months alone. We just secured $30 million in Series B funding led by Tiger Global and Threshold Ventures, Fika Ventures, Fathom Capital, Toyota AI Ventures, and Idealab. With this new capital we plan to expand our engineering, sales and support teams to service an incredible list of recently acquired customers.
As seen in Forbes, TechCrunch and VentureBeat.
Elementary delivers a full-stack, AI-driven visual inspection solution for a wide variety of global manufacturers such as Toyota and Milwaukee Tool. Leveraging computer vision, edge computing, and cloud-based machine learning models, Elementary's proprietary platform is leading the way for massive change in automated manufacturing.
Our mission is to make manufacturing more efficient and less wasteful through scalable, automated, data-driven products that support strained quality inspection teams who continue to experience massive labor shortages due to the ever-expanding demand for manufactured goods. Our goal is to inspect 100% of products coming off of production lines, reducing manufacturing defects and eliminating costly and dangerous recalls of products that ultimately wind up in consumers hands.
We are headquartered in Los Angeles, CA with offices in Mexico City. Remote work available.
“There are few trillion dollar markets like manufacturing, and watching the execution level of the Elementary team to land and expand with global, Fortune 200 companies has been extremely exciting to be a part of.” - Mo Islam, Elementary Board Director and Partner at Threshold Ventures.
We are looking for a software test engineer to work as a member of our machine learning team. In this role, you will work alongside ML engineers to develop tests, test frameworks, and visualization tools to help the ML team understand performance and performance regressions. You will be the gatekeeper before the ML software and models make it into production environments. You will also manage the data on AWS required for regression testing. You are curious, detail oriented and enjoy discovering the unknowns. You will be working to characterize state of the art deep learning based machine vision toolsWhat you'll do
- Develop and maintain tests, test frameworks and visualization tools to help ML team maintain product quality.
- Write test plans and evaluate test coverage.
- Manage a large repository of data for testing making use of our existing cloud-connected IOT infrastructure (AWS based)
- Characterize robustness and performance of vision tools
- Be the gatekeeper responsible for ensuring quality of vision tools
- Work primarily in Python/C++
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field
- 5 years of real world experience in testing machine learning/computer vision tools
- Experience with Python/C/C
- Experience working with SQL, S3 and other databases
- Emphasis on strong development practices: git, github, CI/CD, unit testing
- Experience with Python libraries such as NumPy & Pandas a plus
- Familiar with OpenCV libraries a plus
- Familiarity with AWS tools and services a plus
- Willingness to learn and grow in the role
- Compensation package including competitive salary and early-stage equity
- Medical and Dental insurance benefits
- Flexible Vacation Policy (3-4 weeks)
- A team culture focused on inclusivity, curiosity, personal and technical humility, ownership, and work/life balance.