Senior Machine Learning Engineer at Cognitive Space (Houston, TX or Remote)
You are an expert in machine learning (ML) development, and data science, and interested in building intelligent space systems to modernize satellites' operations. For this role, you should be ready to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, startup environment. You will be our ML operations engineer, integrating new research, and deploying ML models to production. You have professional experience deploying and monitoring ML models in production environments, and stay updated with the field's latest developments. You must be comfortable taking ideas from theory into deployment. You will also:
- Develop strategies and work plans to implement ML and data science capabilities.
- Break down business objectives and designing models that help to achieve them, along with metrics to track their progress.
- Build ML (Reinforcement Learning) algorithms for satellite mission planning optimizations, and other aerospace applications.
- Deploy ML models to production continuously to support a disparate customer base.
- Version ML models per use-case and customer, and track baseline performance metrics.
- Manage hardware resources for production and development environments.
- Monitor production ML models, analyze performance and design strategies to overcome errors.
- Collaborate with aerospace domain experts, and software developers to understand customer needs, and produce excellent products.
- US Citizenship required.
- 5+ years of proven professional experience as a Data Scientist, Machine Learning Engineer, Development Operations Engineer, Applied Scientist, or similar role.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s degree, or Ph.D. in a relevant field: Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computational Physics, Computer Science, Engineering, etc.
- Proficiency deploying and managing data from libraries such as Numpy, SciKit-learn, Pandas, TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, etc.
- Proficiency in developing infrastructure needed to scale ML operations.
- Proficiency managing data and databases such as Postgres, S3, Redis, etc
- Proficiency with Linux development environment.
- Ability to communicate highly technical concepts to non-technical people.
- Ability to work in a team and work collaboratively on complex tasks.
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills.
One of the most interesting aspects of working at a startup company is gaining equity in the company, which means our success is your success. In addition to equity in the form of options, we also offer:
- Unlimited Time-Off policy, company holidays, and company retreat
- Cost-effective health care, dental, and vision with company contributions.
- 401K plan
- Life insurance
- Short term and long-term disability
- Office Amenities (if working in Houston)
This position is based in Houston TX. The work location is flexible if approved by the Company.
Multiple studies have found that a higher percentage of women and BIPOC candidates won't apply if they don't meet every listed qualification. Cognitive Space values candidates of all backgrounds. If you find yourself excited by our mission but you don't check every box in the description, we encourage you to apply anyway!