Senior Machine Learning Engineer, Information Domain (Remote) at Rebellion Defense
Rebellion Defense builds mission-focused AI products for the defense and security of the United States, the United Kingdom, and our allies. We are a well capitalized, venture-backed technology company that creates software which transforms data into decision advantage.
Our people are passionate about creating a company where technologists empower our military and civil servants to solve some of the hardest problems in government. Rebellion Defense is driven by our mission — but a set of core values binds us together: we hire by them, operate through them, and uphold them in every decision we make for ourselves and for our customers.
Your Rebel Team:
The engineering team is focused on building powerful, automated products that apply artificial intelligence to analyze, secure, and transfer national security data to deliver decision advantage to our customers. Rebellion products are built to transform three critical national security challenges: How can the DoD/MoD better analyze the vast streams of data, better secure critical systems, and better share information across disparate systems to accelerate awareness and decision-making.
This role reports to the Engineering Manager.
How you’ll make a difference in this role:
As a Senior ML Engineer on our Information Domain team, you will develop cutting edge software that analyzes high volumes of commercial data. You will work with your teammates to deploy models that detect signals in the vast amounts of noisy data that the Department of Defense consumes. You will focus on developing natural language and predictive machine learning models as part of Rebellion’s Digest product offering, involving projects in NLP, network analysis, and sensor fusion.
Rebellion’s Information Domain team is a close-knit group of multi-disciplinary software and machine learning engineers responsible for applying models and data tools to serve customers in the Department of Defense and Intelligence Community. You will contribute to the design and development of novel ML capabilities that provide timely, reliable intelligence to our warfighters and Department of Defense missions to ensure the safety of both civilians and service members.
What your mission is:
- Develop and scale NLP models to provide insights into high volumes of text-based data.
- Build and own ML features end-to-end, including shipping features into production.
- Work with ML engineers across the company to establish conventions for training and deploying models.
- Support the fusion of commercial data with classified intelligence to enhance decision making capabilities.
- Mentor and provide technical leadership to less experienced engineers.
You may be fit for this role if your expertise aligns to:
- Have three or more years of industry experience deploying Tensorflow, PyTorch, MXNet, and/or Keras models to a production environment for inference and/or automated model retraining,
- Offer depth of knowledge leveraging Kubeflow, Apache NiFi, Apache Airflow, AWS Step Functions, directed acyclic graphs (DAG), or other algorithmic pipeline orchestration architectures,
- Are familiar with CI/CD best practices and using an agile framework for software deployment,
- Have strong development experience in Python or Golang,
- Have leveraged public cloud infrastructure such as AWS and Azure to solve problems,
- Are self-directed, detail-oriented, and enjoy figuring out the most important problem to work on, and own problems end-to-end, and are willing to pick up whatever knowledge you might be missing to get the job done.
The Nature of our Work:
We are working to impact a really unique and special industry. Many of the national security programs that are supported by Rebellion’s products operate in secure environments and access to those spaces and the data in them requires an active personnel security clearance. Due to the projects connected to this specific position, an active TS/SCI clearance is required.
Our commitment to candidate experience:
- We are a team of advocates for our candidates while building a fair and equitable process.
- Our team empowers our candidates, business partners, and each other through transparency, honesty, and empathy.
- We are committed to hiring a unique and diverse team with the shared vision that Rebellion is the go-to AI suite for national defense and security.
Our Interview Process:
- To start, you’ll have an initial 30 minute conversation with one of our amazing recruiters to learn more about you and your career goals.
- Next, you’ll dive deeper into your background and expertise with the Hiring Manager for 30-45 minutes
- Lastly, you will have the opportunity to meet with members across our team for competency focused interviews covering both technical aspects of the role and our company culture.
What we offer you:
- An opportunity to be a part of something bigger; a mission with real impact
- A chance to be a part of a people-first team
- Robust career growth and advancement opportunities
- A comprehensive range of benefits that are fair, equitable, and competitive that include the following:
- Company-paid, full coverage, inclusive health care (Medical, Dental Vision) for you and your family.
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Annual Vacation Bonus
- Generous Parental Leave
- Stock option grants
- Retirement & Savings Plan with company match
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
Rebellion Defense is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. Rebellion Defense does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with federal, state, and local law.