About the Role: ActionIQ is looking for an experienced, team-oriented Senior Software Engineer with a track record of architecting and building production systems - especially those with a machine learning (ML) focus. Experience with building ML platforms or acting as the tech lead for the buildout of an ML platform/features is a strong asset, as is demonstrated interest in the space. You will be the first hire of a team at ActionIQ who will spearhead the next wave of ML technologies. As part of that effort, you will drive early architecture decisions and implement an ML platform that works with and complements our core data processing platform. You will work closely with our data science team to automate their day-to-day workflows and enable new ML explorations. You will also collaborate with our Product team to build more intelligence into our product.
About the Team: The Data Science team at ActionIQ works closely with customers and translates their user data into actionable business insights. As our first ML Engineer, you will work with your counterparts in Data Science and other platform teams to build out a platform that can be used to transition models and experiments into reliable, production-quality product features and workflows.Responsibilities
- Assess the existing platform and data-science architecture at ActionIQ. Design and implement a high-quality, scalable ML platform using either custom, self-hosted or managed services. Ensure that the resulting system can maintain throughput and latency requirements given magnitude changes in customer data
- Overhaul our current data science development tooling and workflows
- Set best practices for the continued evolution and support of both the ML platform as well as data science tooling
- Participate in the on-call rotation to support our production systems. Take learnings from any incidents to re-architect or update systems, processes, or configs to avoid them entirely
- 5+ years of software engineering experience with roles both as an implementer and tech lead and a track record of developing and maintaining production-level code (Having built and/or supported data science or ML platforms is considered a strong plus)
- Knowledge of data-science algorithms, such as a range of model forms (GBM, KNN, etc.) and feature transformations
- Ability to evaluate data-science models and systems for production
- Track record of working with data-science platforms and libraries such as Spark, sci-kit-learn, etc. with proficiency in Python and Scala in production settings
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Enthusiasm and a growth-oriented mindset - as well as the desire to work in a small, motivated team to build performant, reliable machine learning at scale
- Interest in working with JVM-based big-data technologies including Spark, Kafka, etc.
Our work is broad and complex in nature - please don't rule yourself out if you do not meet every requirement.
- Work with a fun, inclusive, and smart team of people as we build a NYC-based enterprise software company!
- Competitive compensation package, including significant equity component
- Backed by top-tier VCs (Sequoia, Andreessen Horowitz, FirstMark Capital)
- Top-notch health insurance benefits, including 12 weeks paid parental leave for both parents.
- We have officially opened a beautiful new office right on Madison Square Park! All NYC-based employees currently have the option to return to the office 3 days per week on an “opt-in” basis. We plan to officially reopen our office in the beginning of 2022.
Check out this blog post here to learn how we designed our return to work plans.
- Work from Home stipend to optimize your setup.
ActionIQ is committed to building an inclusive, equitable, and diverse organization. We embrace equal opportunity for all applicants and seek to foster a culture of belonging for our employees. We recognize and appreciate that the more inclusive we are, the better we will function as a team. AIQ welcomes qualified applicants of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or family status, disability, military veteran status, and any other status or background. Join us on our journey to build a product that will help our customers deliver memorable experiences that will drive loyalty and growth.